Build Blog For Speed Series Car

jonathangs1982

Hello all,

If anyone is interested I have set up a website for my build. The plan is to join the speed series at some point this year!

Not sure if you guys have had a rotary engined car in the mix before?

www.rivetracing.co.uk

Let me know what you think, we are just a group of friends that decided to give it a go. I have no idea how it got so out of control that I'm manufacturing my own carbon fibre!

Jon

Not sure if you guys have had a rotary engined car in the mix before

there have been a couple of w.a.nkel engined cars but not seen anything about them recently might be worth you doing a search - good luck with it :t-up:

Sounds good, or should that be noisey!

I'd guess that the only real issue would be noise suppression? Looking forward to the blog.

Oh, and dont keep the carbon fibre bits to yourself, we all want them!

Yeah the noise is a worry! The engine choice has helped a little as the RX8 engine (13b-msp) has side port exhausts which reduce the velocity and energy some what. Of course that energy has to go some place so the water and oil cooling requirments are worse (due to all the extra heat dissapation) which may also be a problem - time will tell!

Few new bits up from the weekend - the car is finally out of my dinning room and in the garage again :)

http://www.rivetracing.co.uk/2012/02/12/11th-february-2012-build-day-8-the-car-sits-on-its-own-wheels/

Thought I was one of the only ones to treat a dinning room for what it is best used for, a garage extension :) My chassis is in the garage but just about everything else including full tub is in the dinning room, next to my workbench (formally known as the kitchen island).

Car is looking great, looking forward to seeing it the flesh later in the year.

• Like 1

Looking good Jon. Can you tell me whos front wishbones you're using?

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Jon,

Are you going to fit a full roll cage, or keep the RAC style one?

Don't really know what I'm talking about, so sorry if it's a stupid question!!!

Great blog!

Chris