A Newbies View Of The Wscc!

Lordbenny

I'm a bit lost now :(???:d

Is the debate about whether the forum could be improved (haven't seen many suggestions other than the blog) or whether £25 represents cracking value for being a member?

I think we all know the answer to the latter so I guess the focus should be on the former.

I'm sure the OP meant well so time for some constructive suggestions.

My ideas:

I think that there could be a review of the structure - for example:

I think it would be good if all the various build threads were in one area.

I am on the disco forum and they have a good area for maintenance and mods tips

An area for overseas owners?

I would like an XTR dedicated area now that the xtrforum has died.

It would be good to have an area showing members cars and their specs etc. The Surrey area site is good for this.

Where else can you have access to ten years of technical info, a god send to any westy owner. That alone is worth the membership fee.

While I am on here, why is my membership number being shown, and how do I get it off there

I'm a bit lost now :(???:d

Is the debate about whether the forum could be improved (haven't seen many suggestions other than the blog) or whether £25 represents cracking value for being a member?

I think we all know the answer to the latter so I guess the focus should be on the former.

I'm sure the OP meant well so time for some constructive suggestions.

My ideas:

I think that there could be a review of the structure - for example:

I think it would be good if all the various build threads were in one area.

I am on the disco forum and they have a good area for maintenance and mods tips

An area for overseas owners?

I would like an XTR dedicated area now that the xtrforum has died.

It would be good to have an area showing members cars and their specs etc. The Surrey area site is good for this.

That's the response I was hoping for!

Oh, and you've introduced me to the disco forum.....thanks :)

SaturdayNightFever_300x298.jpg

If you go off the boards to the web site and look at local area meets, there's loads of links to web sites and Facebook pages showing local area cars, specs and members for those in the club who want to share.

It's easy to forget there's many who prefer to keep their privacy and not share their info online.

On the subject of improvements / additions to the boardroom - a section specifically for home produced (Westfield) videos / you tube links would be great.

I know the videos section is already in place from the main home page - but these are all very old, and no obvious means of adding new ones (or am I being thick!).

Just a thought with all the new Go-pros etc now in use..

Cheers,

Dave.

While were on the subject , what about a dedicated "spotted" thread , a "wheres mine" thread a "dashboard thread" and a "101 things to do in the shower " thread !

Build threads has been suggested by me already on the appropriate Website Developements bit, shot down in flames, I was.

Build threads has been suggested by me already on the appropriate Website Developements bit, shot down in flames, I was.

That's a shame as it's a great idea, where build queries/information/tips/ideas can go. I'm also surprised that the 'Newbies' name has survived the transistion as most of us on it are far from newbies.. :laugh:

Yes, well, don't forget about the Secret Initiation Ceremony where newbies are led in blindfolded and must bare their right foot to prove they're a petrolhead, taught the Secret WSCC Handshake, and must swear to keep the WSCC secrets safe under pain of Robin Hood ownership,

Yes, well, don't forget about the Secret Initiation Ceremony where newbies are led in blindfolded and must bare their right foot to prove they're a petrolhead, taught the Secret WSCC Handshake, and must swear to keep the WSCC secrets safe under pain of Robin Hood ownership,

Do they have to visit SteveD's workshop as well? :oops:

Do they have to visit SteveD's workshop as well? :oops:

Yes, but only when he's topless:

honey%20monster.jpg

Those who just miss meeting our high standards must stand for an evening with Chairman Paul in his nettle patch while he recites haikus from back issues of Westfield World.

paul.jpg

Those who completely miss the standard get to spend a weekend with Paul and Steve in the nettle patch:

paul+hm1.jpg

(That's just his thumb! Perverts!)

Those who reach the required standard are given a free DVD copy of Stevrek In Cheshireland:

shrek1.jpg