Thames Valley area

shaun

Worked it out!

For those interested

We could meet up second Sunday of the month every month this year only clashing with F1 in June (Canada - Montreal).

How about arranging a preliminary meeting on 10th March to discuss (unless of course you intend to venture up to Stafford for the Car Craft Show, which incidentally is also on the 9th March).

As mentioned before this could be The Shire Horse on the A4(recently edited - did mention Horse and Groom before, but got the pubs mixed up).

The Horse and Groom is very easy to find, found along the A4 stretch of road between Reading and Maidenhead, the last pub on the right (travelling towards Maidenhead) before the A404.

If you don't want to place a post then email me instead.  :D

:)  Well volunteered Shaun.

Don't forget to send all details off to the Mag Ed for publication and e-mail the Club Secretary and Membership Secretary for recognition and and questions you may have.  :D

Don;t mind getting things off the ground, (only temporary though), someone's got to do it.

I understand Mark Hall is currently on holiday at the moment?

what goes on at these meetings anyway?  I didn't build my car, so if it is mostly tech talk I wouldn't be that interested.

I live in High Wycombe by the way, and I drive a Navy blue sport carbon with the roof down in all but the worst weather.  I've got it with me today at work (in Loudwater).  Beep if you see me!  :)

At most area meetings there is free beer, huge prime steak roasts and scantily clad models who offer test rides. in all the latest and greatest machinery. Money is frequently given away in large wads to all attendees.

If you don't believe me, turn up and see  :D

I can confirm that I am not on holiday...........

Shaun.

If there is to be a change of venue, please make sure you WRITE to the landlord of the pub you'd like to use, outlining your intentions. DON'T just turn up en masse.

If you have already done this, then OK,. If not, please make sure you do.

Good Evenin' Mr Secretary - Trust you are well  :D

It must have been me that was on holiday, let me see ..........

Yes, got some white bits  :p  Glad to be back  ......... NO !

You want any watches ?  ;)

Have a provisional venue organised.

The Old Devil, Knowl Hill, Bath Road, A4 (between Maidenhead and Reading).

I have spoken to the landlady about our meetings.  She already has Ducatti meeting 1st Sunday of each month and Triumph Stag meeting on the second Tuesday of each month, therefore second Sunday is fine.  Also the pub is conveniently located along the Bath Road A4 at Knowl Hill, between Maidenhead and Reading, large car park adjacent to the beer garden.  Also has excellent food, have eaten in there on numerous occasions.

Provisional dates are 2nd Sunday of each month, starting March 10, 2001.

Just waiting for Mr Club Secretary to make this official.

• 3 weeks later...

Glad you can make it.

Directions:

Pick up the Lower Early Road north bound towards the A329M at Winnersh.  Follow the road past the Multiplex cinema under the A329M and turn left at the next roundabout towards Woodley along the Bader Way.  Straight over the next two roundabouts, then at the next roundabout turn left into Headley Road East towards Woodley town centre.  At the next roundabout turn right into Butts Hill Road. Follow this road for about a mile until you reach the A4.  At the roundabout turn right onto the A4 towards Maidenhead.  You'll find yourself on a dual carriageway, next 2 roundabouts straight on.  About 2.5 miles after the second roundabout you will see a BP and Jeep garage on your left.  The :devil: Old Devil is 200 yards further on your right.

Look forward to seeing you on the 10th

Shaun