Thames Valley area

shaun

I noticed everyone used to meet up at The Wheelright Arms in Hurst on the 3rd Sunday of each month, but this hasn't happened recently due to a volunteer needed to run events.

Is there any interest in getting this going again?

Would love to volunteer myself to organise things, but hoping someone else would be more willing.

Would like to hear the thoughts from anyone who lives in the Reading, Bracknell, Maidenhead area.

I am interested in turning up, not been to a meeting in quite a while. Not sure about volunteering though. The last thing is not delivering. Live in Beaconsfield. Am interested in how much response you get and would come along. Shaun drop me a line if things look promising.

There are a few of us in the area who have been wondering when things were going to happen again (I'm in Maidenhead). I'm sure we could get enough people and cars together to ensure a fun monthly meeting. (and no, that wasn't the sound of someone volunteering, at least not until after May :p).

:D  go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on,  :)

I would love to take it on but given current plans and commitments there is no way I could find the time. After May, if I'm still in the area, I could take it on but I plan to have moved by then, so sorry Mark, I'm far from ideal for this one  :(

Will happily support whoever takes it on though, considering the amount of cars in the area and the number of owners who have expressed an interest there must be one gutsy individual out there who can take it on.....

No probs Graeme - I know how busy you are - go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, to anyone thinking it over.

Ah its good to be back (NOT) Its perfect weather for Westfields in Aussie-land.  :cool:

If we do decide to have a new monthly meeting, anyone got any thoughts on venue.  The Wheelwright arms is far too close to me, in fact it's walking distance.

How about one of the pubs along the A4 between Maidenhead and Reading.  The Shire Horse looks good - nice big carpark, beer garden out front next to the carpark allowing us all to keep view of our Westys. (optimistic of course in view of the massive interest).  

Also the 3rd Sunday (previous fixture) used to often clash with the F1.  We could always make the meeting the 1st Sunday of the month unless F1 is on, then it would be the 2nd?

Do I sound a bit keen?

Any views please?

Im in Maidenhead, and have just bought my 1st Westie - so im up for coming along to a meet - not volenteering though - for one i dont think i have enough 'Westie' experience yet, let alone time.

I agree witht the F1 clashing problem aswell - might work if the pub chosen has a large TV and are willing in showing the race  :D

cheers

Chris

You wouldn't happen to have a yellow Zetec machine would you? There's one that occassionally parks round the corner from me outside the hairdressers (that proves it about yellow cars) but I've never manage to catch the owner.....

Sounds good to me as well. The only thing with changing the sunday, is it must be easy to remember, but F1 dates are not difficult to work round.

You wouldn't happen to have a yellow Zetec machine would you? There's one that occassionally parks round the corner from me outside the hairdressers (that proves it about yellow cars) but I've never manage to catch the owner.....

Nope - i only bought it at the weekend and i havnt picked it up yet - collect it next weekend - it is yellow though!!!! - is this a bad thing???

Its a 1700 xflow SeiW.

cheers

Chris

Nothing wrong with yellow!!

I saw a bizarre thing the other day, a Westy cruising up the A404 with fluorescent yellow door mirrors, the driver was wearing a helmet and it had some message on the back, flukey-go-karts or something like that!!

:p Don't dis the mirrors. They rule. Expect matching full-cage in the near future too. Still, it's better than driving a big yellow banana-mobile.....

And who cruises up the 404? :D

Nothing wrong with my yellow banana!