• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Terry Everall

• Nick Algar - Competition Secretary

• XTR2Turbo

• pete g

Same roadgoing one I ran in C, should still be competitive, with development, but at the moment would sit now in A.

Great news, look forward to seeing you again Kev. :t-up:

Though its looking unlikly that I'll be ready in time for the start of the season. :down:

So that will be 2 K-Series Westfields in the Speed Series. We could start a new trend :laugh:

Great news, look forward to seeing you again Kev. :t-up:

Though its looking unlikly that I'll be ready in time for the start of the season. :down:

So that will be 2 K-Series Westfields in the Speed Series. We could start a new trend :laugh:

yeh.....experts in the head gasket change :p :p :d

Gone for a more manly orange, couldn't get the fluorescent pink paint any more and my stock ran out after the last crash.

Having said that the deep pink was considered quite masculine in Blackpool.

Yeah, I like the Rover K, blows coolant such that the next car can't find any grip. That & beating Nunny with a girl's engine.

IMG_3325.jpg

Please note, I had Gurston Down event as Sunday 22nd April. It is actually Sat 21st April. Apologies for error, revised regs with new date will be up on the site soon.

Nick

• 3 weeks later...

Nick

Is the list on the downloadable regs now the final dates?

Regards

David

Hi David,

Yes, that is the up to date list of events.

If it changes I will post on here and e-mail drivers.

Cheers

Nick

• 2 months later...

Hi all

I have recently purchased my first Westfield and have been reading up on this section as I fancied taking my car along for some fun with time trails...

Having read the regulations just, am I right in saying:

1. My car is a Megablade with no reverse gear therefore does that mean I can not race?

2. Do I need to obtain a racing license? I thought the idea was for novices like me to be able to pop along to track days for fun?

Sorry if my questions seem a little amateurish!

Cheers

Paul

With a decent helmet you can go to trackdays which are none competetive and run by Bookatracketc and westfields own trackday at Blyton this year.

If you want to hillclimb or sprint like we do in the speed series then its controlled by the MSA and you need a competition licence , overalls ,gloves and a car in the correct class which in you case would be class G as its a class for non roadgoing cars and you dont need a reverse box

I know jack **** about racing but most classes need a reverse of some sort I think

There is also a beginners guide to speed series which will help explain or call me on 07767836234

I run a Megablade in class G

Just to add to what Terry says, there is also a Club trackday at Curborough near Lichfield which may be more convenient to you, Paul. It is on the Saturday, 16th. June. Like Terry says, you only need a crash helmet (doesn't have to be MSA approved, so a motorcycle one will do) and no shorts or short sleeves, and some gloves is a good idea. A tank full of fuel would be good as well.

Nearly everybody there will be a member of WSCC, and lots of help and advice available, just ask. There will be some like you who are first time trackdayers, through to experienced sprint competitors. All very relaxed and light hearted.

And p*** taking is essential :p