Anyone going to le-Man from Yorkshire?

Jon Murray

Is anyone from Yorkshire, or similar neck of the woods, going to Le-Man this year (15th-16th June 2002) in their trusty Westfields?

We've been to Le-man a good few times over the years, but have always taken the tin-top so that we can get the luxury camping items loaded (feather quilts, double air-bed, satellite dish, fridge - you know the little "essentials").

Well this year me and the missus fancy doing things minimalistic!  Credit card, bog-roll and toothbrush kind of minimalistic.  Not quite going as far as sleeping on the trackside though!  So a tent might also be packed in the passanger footwell of our trusty yellow peril.  Oh and maybe a spare fuel pump, 'cos this ones sounds about knackered!

Has anyone arranged anything yet?  If not I could try and start the ball rolling myself.  

Only problem is We've only ever "roughed" it at Campsite Bleau - the one with no facilities except one stand pipe.  There must be something better than this, also with better security - I would hate to leave my pride and joy in Campsite Bleau at the start or finish (when everyone is in the track and all the thieving B******s come out to play).  Our mate had his entire tent and contents rolled up and stolen!  So did plenty of others!

Suggestions of anything better would be much appreciated or the details of anyone kind enough to be arranging this themselves.

Jonno

Hi Jon

Yes myself and few selected others R making the a break for Le-Mans.

I'll keep u in formed. Where keeping it to a small group. makes things easier etc

Regards

Buzz :cool:

good bogs and showers in HOUX ANNEXE BUT we got hit by the thieving gipsy b? you know

all our seats table's but not our beer ?

sorry traviling from kent see you there

Camping Bleu at Le Mans (note plural) has toilets and showers if you are in a c******m and belong to our club..... :p   :p  :p

The bogs are provided by the ACO and are OK.  If you really want a shower the Lotus Seven Club (who have the biggest pitch in Camping Bleu) will let you take a hot shower in our facilities for 10 Euro's - Can this be such a bad deal, especially when you 10 Euro's goes to Leukemia Research???

Martin C

I also am in Huddersfield, where are you?

I work at the University, and live in Bolster Moor.....Where? Up near Scapegoat Hill that's where.

For the rest on this topic, I'm off to Le Mans with another Huddersfieldite (who's yet to buy a Westfield  :0 ) and three cars from Norfolk/Essex/Hampshire. We've been before, and stay in a municipal campsite in Ecommoy (6km south of Arnage). This has good facilities, and the bonus of undisturbed sleep for those that crave it :zzz:  Camping Ecommoy seems to be a popular Westfield enclave!

Cheers

Paul

Hi Paul,

I know exactly where Bolster Moor is!

I actually live in Sowood, which is very near to Outlane (Near the Old golf House Hotel)

We'll have to have a drink sometime soon and maybe a play out?

Hi Martin,

Sowood. I used to drive through there when I worked in Elland. We're so close, I'm surprised we haven't spotted one another.

I can always be persuaded to go to the pub  :) (name a time and place), but a play out will have to wait until I've finished the winter upgrade - the engine is coming out tomorrow night for a lightened flywheel and maybe some head mods.

Cheers

Paul

P.M.Shackleton@hud.ac.uk

No, mine's a WRG SEiW 2.0 Vx, although it looks nearly

black in certain lights, and the S/C gears probably give

it a certain bike engined whine  :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Martin,

I'm at Brough, 15 miles west of Hull, right on the A63 / M62.  So coming out to play won't be too much of a problem if I head west and you head east (a bit).

Cheers,

Jon