10% Discount At Thermal Velocity

Rab (bombero) Reid

Hi All

I've just managed to obtain a 10% discount for WSCC members with Thermal Velocity - the heat management people based in Manchester. Many of you will know them as suppliers of Acousta-Fil PTX - the exhaust packing material but they also do exhaust wraps, heat shields, tapes and sleeves. You can find them at: http://www.thermalvelocity.co.uk/

Simply type in TRMWR534 as the coupon code at checkout - enjoy! ;)

OFFER ON UNTIL END OF JUNE!

Edited by bombero

Typical my order should be delivered tomorrow so just missed this. Always next time :)

Bombero,

Well done for organising that, is there a time limit as I want to get a can full in the near future. Hyde is not a million miles away either.

Bob :yes:

Bombero,

Well done for organising that, is there a time limit as I want to get a can full in the near future. Hyde is not a million miles away either.

Bob :yes:

Hi Bob

Doh! Yeah, offer is on until the end of June (original post updated) :t-up:

• 1 month later...

yep bought some exhaust packing from them yesterday.

very efficient , quick delivery good company

• 3 weeks later...

Ordered some exhaust packing material yesterday lunchtime and it arrived within 24hrs, excellent service.

All I need to do now is fit it and hope it gets rid of enough dB's.

• 1 year later...

Just pulled my procomp can to bits to seal the collector on to the 4 manifold down pipes and thought I would investigate the annoying rattle and try and resolve, so pulled it all to bits :oops: , so it will need repacking.

after trying the http://www.thermalvelocity.co.uk/site it came up with "the coupon code you gave has expired" quick phone call to thermal velocity and got my 10% discount as soon as I mentioned wscc, the man on the other end of the phone quickly explained what length / width I would need and that it would arrive sat or Monday depending on transport , which was included in the price :yes:

top service and advise from thermal velocity and a excellent example of how quickly your club membership fee can repay its self :t-up:

also found the rattle is a tiny bit of play where the perforated tube sits in the outer can, or could be the wire wool and the wire ties so will reassemble with a small drop of high temperature silicon minus the wires as previous threads have suggested I don't need these with acoustafil

hopfully back on the road on sunday ;)

Sounds great Bigals!

I was just looking on there for the acoustafil and some heat tape for the manifold.

Yeah, i had some of the thermal blanket from them last year. (The self adhesive foil covered stuff). Excellent product, and specially with the discount, a great price.

awesome stuff... will get some of this before I fit the supercharger tomorrow morning before the Lions thrash the Aussies....

Bigals, the main difference between the high temperature silicon and normal is the price. Oh, and the "normal" silicone is packed out with talc. 

Silicone is, by the very nature of it, high temperature. it will not burn or melt. The normal bathroom stuff will do as good a job as the expensive stuff. 

No they're not the same. "Home" use silicon cures with heavy reliance on acetic acid - hence the vinegar smell, this can cause issues when used in an engine. It also tends to not adhere so well to aluminium components. Unfortunately, many DIY store cheap silicones (though in fairness, not all) are exactly that, cheap. The silicon compounds used in manufacture can start to break down somewhat in the heat and acid rich environment of a car engine/exhaust.

They also contain additives, talc, as Norman mentioned, plus often various fungicides - helps slow your sink surround going black!

Proper automotive RTV doesn't have to be expensive, but why spend all that money on an engine, then throw a random variable in?

No they're not the same. "Home" use silicon cures with heavy reliance on acetic acid - hence the vinegar smell, this can cause issues when used in an engine.

Made me think of the "builders grade" silicone used for breast implants by a dodgy surgeon.

Just pulled my procomp can to bits to seal the collector on to the 4 manifold down pipes and thought I would investigate the annoying rattle and try and resolve, so pulled it all to bits :oops: , so it will need repacking.

after trying the http://www.thermalvelocity.co.uk/site it came up with "the coupon code you gave has expired" quick phone call to thermal velocity and got my 10% discount as soon as I mentioned wscc, the man on the other end of the phone quickly explained what length / width I would need and that it would arrive sat or Monday depending on transport , which was included in the price :yes:

top service and advise from thermal velocity and a excellent example of how quickly your club membership fee can repay its self :t-up:

also found the rattle is a tiny bit of play where the perforated tube sits in the outer can, or could be the wire wool and the wire ties so will reassemble with a small drop of high temperature silicon minus the wires as previous threads have suggested I don't need these with acoustafil

hopfully back on the road on sunday ;)

shame you never saw gary bunns post .we have some of this with about 50% discount

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.