Support for Scammonden Hillclimb

I.S.M

Fellow Members

You may know that the WSCC - and specifically the Yorkshire Area - is hosting a round of the Speed Series 2002 at Scammonden Dam on 28th April. Paul Pocklington (one of our more experienced members) will be Clerk of the Course.

I appreciate that you all may not be motorsport enthusiasts, but perhaps you would like to help make this event a success for the area - and good fun…. here's how you could help, I need to find Marshalls for the event… and some support to prepare the hill for use on the day.

Marshalls…. Paul has arranged for a number of interested volunteers to attend the BARC/Harewood Marshalls Association Marshalls Training Day on 3rd March at Harewood. This is an ideal opportunity to learn the basics about circuit safety and control - and enable those who attend to take a lead marshalling role at Scammonden. The course runs between 09:00 and 16:00 and includes a general presentation on Marshall's responsibilities, discussion and instruction on the use of radios, flags, car line up and start and an incident simulation. Fire theory will be covered in detail culminating in a real car/real fire exercise. Instruction, video, discussion and lots of practical hands on experience will set you up to take on one of the most important jobs in motorsport. It's free ! And Yorkshire Area will establish itself as a source of expert marshals… and I am assured it will be fun !!.

Please mail me if you want to attend the course - places are limited so get back to me soonest.

Course Preparation…. Scammonden is run by Mid Cheshire Motor Club, and they have been really helpful in enabling WSCC to run this event. They are putting a lot of effort into site preparation including a working party going there on 6th April to ensure all goes well for us on the 28th.

I need volunteers to be at Scammonden on 6th April to assist in circuit preparation - an ideal opportunity for our newly trained marshalls to see the hill… but all are welcome, we just need bodies !

Once again - please mail me to confirm you will be there - I will send location information if necessary.

Oh !.. And finally… come to my 50th birthday party on in the paddock at 7pm on 27th !

Regards

Steve Robinson..... who's "ISM" ??... taken over me car, now he's got me computer !

eMail   steve.robinson@jadeworld.co.uk

how old do the marshalls have to be ?

Don't worry about the age of the marshalls I'm seven and have been marshalling for 15 years

Buzz :cool:

Westfields Rock On.

Please remove the "Eboards4all" image from your postings.

We have a perfectly acceptable Bulletin Board, and after visiting the site, it reminds me of our old Venusbeseen Bulletin Board. Ie, it is nowhere near as good as what we have here.

Thank you.

It may be deemed as a commercial advertising posting and as such may be requested to be removed.