Torque Wrench Settings For Wheel Nuts - What To Torque My Nuts To?

robo1968

I know this sounds really basic but just wanted to check. In the torque chart from Westfield-world they recommend 65 ft/lb for the wheel nuts. Is this right? - seems a bit low to me. What do WSCC members torque their nuts to? :d

Sounds fine to me, sure you're not thinking of the NM figure? Around 85 NM is fairly common!which would be a little less than 65 ft/lb

Yeah, Westfield-world state 90nm or 65 ft/lb's. Ok I guess that's right then, I was just surprised how low it is.

Well, you wouldn't catch me doing them that low. Depends on what wheel/nuts you are using I suppose. I'd seriously be looking at 90lbs/ft minimum.

Well I'm going on what Mark Walker at the Westfield factory told me. Think he is the man who would know!!

I'm going off the value printed in my Westfield build manual; a figure, coincidentally, similar to that in the handbooks for most of the cars I've ever owned!

You need to be careful not to over tighten as the nut can then damage the alloy seat of the wheel . So correct torque is good

But then again I left one too loose once...