5w 30 2.0 Zetec Oil, what's best?

Lordbenny

Have used valvoline 5w 30 as recommended by a cosworth technician who has worked on many zetec and duratec engines. Gd for fast road and occasional track and shud cost no more than £50 for annual change !

Just had this recommended to me as well .. I think it was the 5w 30 'MST'

Just found this on e-bay, if I needed some I would get some of this. Absolute bargain for 5w/30 Fully Synthetic. Must be the replacement for the Formula E semi synthetic I used in the Puma, Mondeo and Focus and Seven I used to get from our factors before they closed, used to pay £18.00 for that and I thought that was a bargain.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm....2c6bcc3

Good find Paul, just ordered a box of 4. Bargain, rapid delivery and really well packed too.

(No, I have no connection to seller!)

• 3 weeks later...

Just bought some of this but got it for £23.50 +p&p off E-bay....result!

http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like....ar=sbar

Ha ha, just to let you know that the bottled turned up in a right state, 4 litres instead of the described 5 litres AND it wasn't sealed.....goodness me!

Had a real go at the seller and he agreed a full refund and told me to bin the oil!

Will pop along to our local Ford Dealer Stealer, and see what the over the counter price is...

I think the Ford stuff should be ok, I would change every 2000 miles anyway.

Was looking at Magnatec in Asda at £26 for 4 litres, but my Raceline sump needs 5 litres

Will post up local dealer price when ascertained.

Bob

Will pop along to our local Ford Dealer Stealer, and see what the over the counter price is...

I think the Ford stuff should be ok, I would change every 2000 miles anyway.

Was looking at Magnatec in Asda at £26 for 4 litres, but my Raceline sump needs 5 litres

Will post up local dealer price when ascertained.

Bob

That is quite a common problem I think, unfortunately. (that is having to buy a 4 litre container and a 1 litre can.) The alternative, if your preferred oil is sold in 4 ltr. ratherf than 5 ltr. is to buy two 4 ltr. containers, use 5 ltrs. and have 3 ltrs. over for topping up if necessary and then on next change you'll only need to get one 4 ltr. container, assuming you haven't used all 3 ltrs. left from the first change.

The one in my link above is for full 5 litres and at £15.42 for genuine fully synthetic Ford oil has to be a bargain. Postage ain't bad if you have 4 either.