• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Conehead

• SteveD

• Mark (smokey mow)

• Hammy

I guess it depends upon the final price - well worth a look tho and I wouldnt bid without a look.

Condition is everything , I'd imagine it would be surprisingly quick and has some nice bits with it . The diff ratio is far too low for road or normal track use.

The roll bar, seat belts, seat plus close ratio box , , no screen, slicks and dry sump are great parts to have on a track day car

Being a race car it may have suffered accident damage and this needs careful checking  , but I'd also expect the chassis to be pretty rust free.

yeah saw that just after posting I probably wont be buying it mind as still have 1 bike to sell so really limited funds..

noone is interested in my lovely yamaha  :down:

:cool: Well done and congratulations to both buyer and seller. Looks a fine beast.

I remember helping a mate build one with a 1300 crossflow in back when we were teenagers. (Couldn't get insurance for anything bigger engine wise). Even with just the single Weber downdraught carb it flew, so your new toy should go nicely.

The estate where I live has them on both roads in/out, mine is on 15" wheels with ride height set to 125/145 mm F/R and works fine. I could even get the height down a little and it'd still be OK.

The "temporary" type can be a PITA though, but then you can often run the near side wheel through the gap they usually leave between the hump and the kerb.

The ones you have to watch out for are the pillow type where you have two or three square (in plan view) obstructions across the road. With these, I always find it best to do the opposite of what I do in the tin top, and try and drive over them with the sump in the gap between the humps, or if I can't, one wheel on the top of the hump and one in the gap IYSWIM.

if you can - drive up onto the pavement with a pair of wheels :-)

that helps raise the belly a bit.. if you have no other option then it might just save you having to reverse and find alternative routes..

Good luck with the purchase !! as for sleeping Policepersons, I find going across diagnoally helps ( this may or not be the case! ,but have a look at it).

What tow car will you be using?

I only have the 'new' license, it can be done legally, but there are some (deliberately?) confusing rules set out by the DVLA...

In short:

- Plated weight of your trailer has to be less than the MAM of the towing vehicle.

- Plated weight of trailer + MAM of towing vehicle must be less than 3.5t.

- I also believe total weight of trailer + whatever is on it must be less than the weight of the towing vehicle (don't quote me on that though - either way you will be nowhere near that with a Westy).

I have an Octavia, MAM 1360kg. Trailer is plated to 1350kg (plate can be changed if required). Trailer weighs approx 400kg, Westy weighs ~600kg. Job done!

Total weight of the 'train' including fuel, passengers etc ~2.6t. Mass of trailer ~1 ton, towing car ~1.6t.