Steering wheel with a removable boss

SAM_0740.jpg

SAM_0741.jpg

Sidescreens

SAM_0742.jpg

SAM_0743.jpg

SAM_0744.jpg

Next I need to remove the indicator spacers

Sounds like you got a good tester there, Gary. I think if you show that you have put care and thought into your car and know what you are doing, they have a sneaking respect for you - they wouldn't be doing the job they do if they didn't like cars, and seeing one that has been well put together by someone who is pleasant to deal with brings out the best in them. You and your car tick all the right the boxes, so you got the right result.

My testers gave me a few tales of cars that had been presented in a shocking state. They just weren't inclined to go overboard for them and sent them home with a fail- with good reason I say!

Sounds like you got a good tester there, Gary. I think if you show that you have put care and thought into your car and know what you are doing, they have a sneaking respect for you - they wouldn't be doing the job they do if they didn't like cars, and seeing one that has been well put together by someone who is pleasant to deal with brings out the best in them. You and your car tick all the right the boxes, so you got the right result.

My testers gave me a few tales of cars that had been presented in a shocking state. They just weren't inclined to go overboard for them and sent them home with a fail- with good reason I say!

Totally agree Mooch, its all about attitude and preparation.

He told me that he could see I knew where the non conforming areas were, and that I had tried to address them. That made him inclined to help me get them to a standard he was happy with

My tester also said there had been some occasions where they disallowed the car to be driven away and insisted on trailer!

Well done.

Can't wait for my own moment, although I suspect summer's just passed :laugh: and I've missed it :cry:

I would just like to take the opportunity to thank all of you guys for your help, advice, nurturing and general support whilst I went through the build process. It really is appreciated and certainly made it easier than it could have been

You all know who you are

:t-up: :t-up: :t-up: :t-up: :t-up: :t-up: :t-up:

• Like 1

Ah, but now your prize is also now your curse...you must help others that follow in your footsteps in here with your newly acquired wisdom, like Aunt Smokey... :d

Ah, but now your prize is also now your curse...you must help others that follow in your footsteps in here with your newly acquired wisdom, like Aunt Smokey... :d

I am happy to offer advice and help, but cannot compete with the fountain of knowledge fountain-emoticon.gif that is smokey mow

PMSL :d

I am happy to offer advice and help, but cannot compete with the fountain of knowledge fountain-emoticon.gif that is smokey mow

Thats a hell of a haircut Smokeys got going on there.

• Like 1

Well done ! Where did you go to in the end ?

I did go through kidlington today a couple of times but didn't see you ( thought I could see how big the smile was !!)

I did have to take mine to thatcham for its "test " (joke look at !!!) they wouldn't budge and insisted it needed 1 as it wasn't a new plate and I didn't have a certificate of newness .

my advice is to just go as soon as you can -play along with them and i got mine as soon as they could fit it in ( about 3 days)and then they gave me my plate the same day :0)

Stupid system but the only way to get a plate !!

Well done ! Where did you go to in the end ?

I did go through kidlington today a couple of times but didn't see you ( thought I could see how big the smile was !!)

I did have to take mine to thatcham for its "test " (joke look at !!!) they wouldn't budge and insisted it needed 1 as it wasn't a new plate and I didn't have a certificate of newness .

my advice is to just go as soon as you can -play along with them and i got mine as soon as they could fit it in ( about 3 days)and then they gave me my plate the same day :0)

Stupid system but the only way to get a plate !!

Thanks

I took mine to Leighton Buzzard - good cross country run :t-up:

How did you get yours to the "inspection" Can I smell a trailer borrow here?

Thanks

I took mine to Leighton Buzzard - good cross country run :t-up:

How did you get yours to the "inspection" Can I smell a trailer borrow here?

got 1 from helpful hirings in thame - £20 for the day !

i do know a man with one - i will ask for you .........

Well the battle with DVLA continues - the Oxford Office manager is seeking advice from Swansea and has sent all my paperwork to them today to see what they say. My next move will be to speak to whoever is looking at it in Swansea if they still insist on an inspection.

At present I have an inspection booked for Theale on Tuesday 10th April, but there is no way I can make this as I cannot get this day off :(

Also, I have no means of getting the car there without major expense - no trailer, no towbar!