Newbie after some advice

KugaWestie

I think it would help to concentrate on the road and stop checking out you're reflection  :p

Tricky to do when you're as odd looking as I am :D:D

:D  :D

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KugaWestie

• Mark (smokey mow)

• TIG Brother

• CRAIGR

I think it would help to concentrate on the road and stop checking out you're reflection  :p

:laugh:

Ooh where did i put that popcorn  :D

Pringles for me please...............where is Captain?

he might be polishing his chrome or gone off to the cash and carry for more popcorn  :D  :D

Taken a few deliveries already in anticipation for the start:-

Rod Grainger MX5 Workshop Manual

Swarfega

DP-60 Spray

Bench Vice

:laugh:

I suppose this shiny stuff has taken 60 years to arrive in the far out west country ;)

Tricky to do when you're as good looking as I am :D:D

And that, ladies and gents, is your winner! :laugh:  :t-up:

You carbonated boys will be laughing out the other side of your faces when carbon fibre gets replaced by another better composite and your stuff looks dated!

Whereas we chrome men will always look classy and cool...

Chrome is for people with to much time on thier hands to sit there and polish thier knobs ;)

Besides - when a new composite comes out we just upgrade, can't spend all you're time dwelling on what's been and gone :p

Ebay comes up with 95,000 results for "chrome" in vehicle parts, and just 10,000 for "carbon fibre". As Ebay is the collective market place for tat, we can deduce that carbon is indeed 9.5 times cooler than chrome.

It's a fact :D

Ebay comes up with 95,000 results for "chrome" in vehicle parts, and just 10,000 for "carbon fibre". As Ebay is the collective market place for tat, we can deduce that carbon is indeed 9.5 times cooler than chrome.

It's a fact :D

Spot on :)

Have you're pipes arrived yet Dom?

Flawed logic.  What it actually means is that chrome has been around 9.5 times longer the carbon fibre.

And this looks suspiciously shiny for stainless steel (it sure ain't carbon fibre!):

chromeuw.jpg

The clincher: Whereas you carbonated characters are constantly spending your dosh on "upgrades" so you can pose, we chrome cool cats never have to "upgrade", meaning we can spend on money on more important things - like beer! :p  :D  :cool:

Spot on :)

Have you're pipes arrived yet Dom?

Yes thanks mate, at least a parcel has arrived at the parents  :t-up:

So guys, only 2 sleeps to go before collecting from Craig.

Should I be thinking about insuring the car whilst building it?

I've insured mine through Frank Pickles. It also covers it during transport (trailered or driving). Think I paid £160 for a £10k total cover amount and up to 3k miles once it's fully registered.