Applecross 2012

ziplob

Deano is very quiet......

Just seen the thread, count me in. The epicness of this years trip hasn't faded and neither has the memory of Matt "the pump" with his "oh f**k where did that tree come from" incident :p

Looking forward to another viewing of the Swedish netball team aswell :D

the same 3 day format is probably best I think, as much as I'd enjoy 4 days of peace away from the Mrs & kids :)

22/23/24th june it is then, i spoke to the campsite and the pub there cool . Pub booked for the sat night again. And it will be the same format as last time book your own huts/pitches or caravans. I will put the number up soon ,and again anyone down south who wants to join us you are more that welcome . this includes the whole of the Sweedish netball team yum yum .

the north east sevens do something similar (except we dont camp!).  Ive just sent out the invite, if any of you guys fancy coming along to get some practice in your more than welcome.

FBB12 is going back to the far far north.  Where the roads are empty, twisty and full of fantastic scenery.

Friday 18th May 2012

We depart from the usual salubrious location near Newcastle at 9am, we have some miles to cover.  A blast through the borders and around Edinburgh to take us to lunch.  A short diversion through the Trossachs and then on over Rannoch Moor and through Glen Coe.  As is ably demonstrated by this youtube footage its a nice sedate run with no opportunities for sitting at V-max.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRVZaOB45u0.  A final detour prior to our bed for the night takes us around Loch Leven, where the road ups and downs and twists and turns alongside the Loch.  Hopefully there will be no snow on the road this time...

Some light refreshments,  a little food and a bed for the night at the Moorings Hotel - http://www.moorings-fortwilliam.co.uk/

Saturday 19th May 2012

Breakfast   eat a LOT as you will need it.  This day is epic.  To wake up we do the road to Skye.  Some say this is the best road in the country.  I am not so sure, but it is pretty fscking cool! We then follow the signs that say  to the North  until we get our wheels wet at Durness.  Make a sharp right before you hit the North Pole and follow the coast along some of the greatest roads you will drive this side of the Alps.

Somewhere to rest your weary head after a couple of lager shandies?

http://www.parkhotelthurso.co.uk/

Sunday 20th May 2012

In the morning we are going to have a bit of play in the far North of Scotland.  We wind our way down sedately to Inverness.  A spot of lunch.

Some good food.  Then it is of and over the Lecht.  Hold onto your hats (hope your passenger doesn t fall asleep) and on over Glenshee.  As is becoming a little traditional, we are spending our last night together at the rather fabulous Atholl Palace (somewhat surprisingly they are having us back and seem to have forgiven the petrol leak...)

http://www.athollpalace.com/

Monday 21st May 2012

Parting is such sweet sorrow?  But it need not be.  Not when the roads in front of us are as good as this.  The Trossachs?  Again?  Well why not.

Chuck in 50 miles or so of the B907 and a quick blast round Kielder before home and you will be grinning from ear to ear.

Costs are anticipated as #225 per person dinner bed and breakfast sharing a room.  Single Supplement for the antisocial will apply. Costs  include support car, trailer and driver.  Please let me know asap whether you can make it.

Hi oioi, thanks for the heads up and invite. This could well be a goer for some of the Scottish contingent, even if only in part. What do you think, guys?

Am I the only one that's booked in at Applecross so far?!  :down:

Waiting to see if I can get the b****y westy running right first.. as not having much luck so far.. might need some WSCC Scotland help..

Craig

Jeez Craig, you're bound to have it sorted by then!

I'll be booking the campsite shortly.

Matt