Sold Westfield Se Wide 1.8 Zetec Black Top Class E

tcc21racing

SOLD

History:

The car started out its life as a Westfield factory built class A racer in 1997 and road registered in 1998, the previous owner had the car for 7 years and I have owned it for the last 4.

The car was re engine, modified and rebuilt in 2009/2010 to its current spec.

Since the rebuild I have had a lot of successes competing with the car in auto solo’s, sprints and hill climbs picking up main class wins and even a driver of the year award in 2010 with FDMC.

Currently I am leading the WSCC speed series novice title and class E with this car.

The car has run 12.9 second ¼ and Santa Pod this year.

Spec

Chassis and body;1997 race live axle wide body

Modified widened tunnel by Pro Comp Motorsport in 2009 allowing the engine to be moved back further than current standard wide tunnel cars, for better gear leaver positioning

Fully welded Pro Comp Motorsport full cage with drivers J bar, MSA FIA and Mira tested and certified

Flat bottomed engine bay and Playskool rear diffuser

Stripped interior, Carbon Kevlar seats with dyna foam seat bases that soak up even the worst bumps!!!

Removable steering wheel and floor mounted pedals

Aero screen, V8 bonnet

Playskool front ARB

AVO alloy single adjustable shocks

Engine and running gear;Ford Zetec Black top 1999/2000 create engine, this was brand new zero mile engine when fitted in 2010

Weber Alpha sliver kit ECU with TPS running on Webber 45 carbs, mapped and jetted by Northampton Motorsport in 2010, a good 180+ BHP

ARP rod bolts

Kent cams Focus 3 race cams and up rated springs and followers

Vernier cam pulleys, all other pulleys are light weight alloy

Raceline wet sump

Raceline water rail with heat shield

Raceline black top water pump pulley kit

Raceline race fly wheel and clutch with ARP flywheel bolts

Brise race alternator

Brise hi torque starter motor

Raceline exhaust manifold and collector

Simpson custom repack able silencer

PC680 gel battery

Tran X straight cut type 9 gearbox

Quaife gear leaver and ****

Quaife LSD, 3.98 diff professional rebuilt this year

Compomotive CRX 13” wheels 7” front 8” rears with correct off sets, I have been running 215s on the front and 235s on them

Battery cut off switch

Willwood front brake kit with drilled and grooved discs

The car has been setup by Pro Comp Motorsport, when corner weighted the car came in at 530kg with 10liters of fuel

When rebuilding the car I made sure I built in reliability and have had no issues since shaking the car down after finishing the rebuild in 2010.

The car would be great for a first competition car or some one who wants to make that next step up.

link to some photos http://s248.photobuc.../Westie%20pics/

Hi Tom,

Sorry to see you selling such a nice car. Try getting your dad to buy it and then its always there for you to have back when you want it  ;)   :)

Good luck with sale - it shouldnt hang around for long with the spec that its got

John

Sorry to see you are selling, Tom. This is indeed a very fast car in class. Good luck with the sale, and with whatever you decide to do in the future.

Thanks guys I aim to try and double drive my dads "mid somers" westie at a couple of events, well thats the plan if he lets me that is.

No No Tom. Get him to sell his car and buy yours and then you get to drive your "own" car when you need to  ;)

• 5 months later...

Tom

G'Day Mate

Don't sell it to anyone who can drive, please . . . .

David

Out with the cheque book David - two birds one stone :laugh: :laugh:

Comment purely made for comic effect ;)

• 1 month later...

Went to see this car a few weeks ago and sadly the gearbox had a problem during the test drive :(

Have to say that to any potential buyers that Tom is a great bloke and his car is an absolute rocketship. Had I not seen and bought the Sylva while Tom was sorting the gearbox out I would have gone back and bought Tom's car (sorry Tom but the Sylva was too nuts to ignore).

It's a great car put together with a lot of thought and if anyone wants a track car or a sprint car then this is a fantastic car to buy.

Regards,

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the lovely post Mark, I still can not believe the gearbox playing up......very embarrassing

But at the same time I was so glad that it happened to me and not some one I had just sold the car too.

Work has been manic over the last month, so I have not dropped the box in for a full refurbishment yet. However it is sitting in the boot of my tow car ready to be taken to Road and Race this afternoon

I hope the Sylva is going well, it looks lovely and with that mental engine 400+bhp??? it must be interesting to drive in a good way!

Again thanks for the post and I will look out for your car, if you need or want any advice on local sprints/events just drop me a line.

Regards,

Tom

• 4 weeks later...

Rebuilt/refreshed gearbox is back from Road and Race and is now back in the car.

• 4 months later...

Tom,

You have a PM as of yesterday. Please could you take a look before my wife starts to have second thoughts?

Alternatively, if anyone could pass a message on to Mr C, advise contact details and/or point him in my direction it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Cheers,

Lumme!

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.