Westfield Seiw Sold

Matt Seabrook

Car now sold. Thanks everybody that showed an interest.

Didn't think it would take long to sell at this price sad.gif

I am now selling my beloved Westfield. Over the last three years I have only covered 450 miles a year aprox. I have taken a year off from sprinting my other car and I thought I would see if would use the Zetec car more. Unfortunately its still not getting used enough and the car just has to go.

I built the car at the beginning of 1998. It was registered and on the road in April of 1998. The car has undergone upgrades over the last 13 years and is now in its current guise. The car has done 17500ish miles

Westyforfilickr.jpg

MOT to April 2012

Tax'd May 2012

Engine

Ford Zetec

Dunnell option 3 mods 210bhp 171lbft

Tapered throttle bodies

Tuned length air horns to give best power spread.

Emerald ECU

Dunnell lightened flywheel

Dunnell baffled sump

Raceline water rail.

Dunnell four branch manifold.

Carbon fibre 6" silencer.

Performance

0-60 4.3 seconds. (timed)

135mph (estimated)

Fuel consumption 34-40mpg when cruising

Transmission

Type 9 BGH E7 gearbox 2.66 first gear.

Sierra 3.92 LSD

Brakes

Front:-

HiSpec Ultralite 4 calipers

Lightweight 260mm discs

Ferodo DS2500 pads

Rear:-

Sierra calipers

EBC pads.

Wheels

Image three peace split rims

Tyres

185/60x13 Yokohama A048 front

235/45x13 Kumho V70 rear

Suspension

Cat wide track front suspension chromed

Quick adjust camber adjusters.

Avo adjustable shocks front and rear.

Front and rear anti roll bars.

Alloy front uprights.

Alloy front hubs.

Bodywork

Detachable rear wheel arches

Front arches are carbon fibre

Rear arch protectors Carbon mods Carbon fibre.

Carbon fibre mirror backs.

Black bodywork.

Side screens (no hood)

Chassis

Wide body

MT75 chassis (engine a long way back)

Floor mounted peddles

RAC roll bar

The car is fitted with carpets and Westfield leather sport seats and dash. RAC roll bar and boot box cover.

The car has a very flexible power band and will happily pull 5th gear from 30mph.

Sold Mobile number 07779 311052 Car located at St Austell Cornwall PL25

I am happy to take people for a test drive but anybody wishing to drive the car must bring along a photo drivers licence and a copy of fully comp insurance enabling them to drive this car on a fully comp basis. Thanks

More photos to follow

An idea of the performance potential

The only racing my car has done is a RWYB drag race in 2003 smile.gif

OK, now I'm REALLY irritated that my finances currently suck...

Just a word of warning to the new owner - I already hate you.

Serious Matt, best of luck with the sale - like you'll need it.

I feel quite odd at seeing this up for sale...  :down:

For anyone who is interested in this car - it is an absolute cracker and has had attention lavished upon it throughout it's whole life. He's an absolutely superb mechanic who runs his own business and this car has wanted for nothing.

A few comments on the ad if I may mate...

I think you've missed the roof and doors, 3 point seat belts and the fact that this is no race car. It goes like one but has all the comforts.

The geo alignment will be pretty good too as he does it for a living!

Oh, and get that photo of the inlet up!

Never mind feeling odd cidersurfer, makes me feel sad seeing this car for sale.

This car is the very reason why i own a westfeild, in 2005 i took a ride in it and a few weeks after i had to buy one.

Ive seen hundreds of westfields over the years and i'm yet to see a better one than this. It has to be one of the best road cars ever built.

Whether you are an experienced westfield owner looking for a step up or a newbie, look at the spec of this car, just about everything is upgrade. The upgrade parts costs alone must exceed matts asking price.

th

This is a bargain for such a quality car, and you will not find a better builder or owner than matt.

Matt, i think your mad and giving it away but good luck with the sale mate.

Thanks all will be sad to see my baby going but onwards and up wards. :D

That's wayyyy 2 cheap................

If i didn't allready have 2 westfiled projects id buy it straight away!

I know we say this about a few cars BUT this is an absolute BARGAIN!

Thanks for the kind words everybody believe me  its going to be a wrench when this car goes. I have had this car on the road since I was 29 and its been a massive part of my life and I have made some great friends because of it. Still I want to see this car used and would love someone to buy it and use it. Cidersurfer is right this car has never been on a track day or sprinted I never had the heart to abuse this car. I bought another car for that. Thanks Darrell for your comment you are not the only one to have brought a Westfield after looking at and riding in my car. I am glad I have managed to spread the gospel a little further. Bananaman thanks for your comment it's always nice to here this from another experienced Westfield owner. Many thanks Scot and Martin. :t-up:

Right and update to the photos. I would have like to have taken some better shots of the car tonight but its raining here at the moment so for the time being these close ups will have to do.

Sale-9.jpg

Sale-8.jpg

Sale-7.jpg

Sale-6.jpg

Sale-5.jpg

Sale-4.jpg

Sale-3-2.jpg

Sale-2.jpg

Also an update to the first post. There are so many non standard or uprated parts fitted to the car I forgot to mention alloy uprights and alloy hubs :blush:

I am sure I will have to add to this again when I remember all the bits I have played with. :blush:

Floor mounted pedals mate...

Yes mate I must be honest I have forgotten to list most of the desirable bits on the car as I have had it so long and upgraded so much that can be up graded :blush:
  • Like 1

I can understand your reasons for selling the car Matt but I'm gutted to now actually see the advert and can echo the 'odd' feeling it gives,   Whoever buys it is getting one hell of a Westfield for his money.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.