sky get f1

SteveD

sky have f1 or farce1 ,they are showing all races live ,while the bbc can only show half live  :oops:

thoughts please

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• echoz

• Mark Stanton

• lippydave

• SteveD

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe BBC will invest money into coverage of real racing  :D  :D  :devil:  :D

boo hiss

I have always avoided giving my money to murdoch and i dont want sky :(

guess i will watch less F1, which is a shame, as i do enjoy it.

Not going to pay for Sky Sports, (Sky's enough of a rip off, I refuse to have the Sport or Movie channel packages), probably won't bother watching the terrestrial races either, if it's only gooing to be half the season.

Maybe the Beeb can put more money into (proper racing),MotoGP instead and nick Toby and Jules from Eurosport... :p  :p  :D

your kidding right? What a backward step! The bbc has done a great job covering the races recently giving the races to sky is going to kill the interest in the sport as its limiting the market. But council tv will be switching off soon as digital takes over. Who knows what packages or freeview will be available soon.. Maybe bbc will move to sky! I have sky and all the motor sports commentators are crap really. The current F1 staff should stay even at sky

I feel sorry for our Beeb as they're up against an almost bottomless pot of cash when it comes to competing for broadcasting rights to events (whatever it may be). Yes, we pay pretty handsomely for a licence, but it's small potatoes when it comes to negotiating for rights. Of course, there's is that element that's reported about mismanagment of some of licence payers' money but show me where that doesn't happen!!

Like others, I'm not paying that nunney Murdoch another penny feeding his world media domination delusions!!

What a shame, I have really enjoyed F1 this year, and think the current line up on the BBC1 team is simply fantastic. I can't get sky due to trees, and wouldn't anyway.........F1 selling out again...tragic, Bernie, what have you done  :down:

Won't suscribe to SKY.

Will probably be the push to listen on 5 live.

Listened to a few races on 5 live this year whilst in the garage messing with the westie and suprisingly enjoyed it as much as watching the TV

Disappointing. This year has been great coverage. I think showing half the races is pointless.

I think F1 will dwindle in the UK for a few years until Sky loose interest. I don't think that they will get the peeople paying in the way the seem to have done with football.

Perhaps causes scope for an increase in other  motorsport. Maybe rallying and touring cars again

Maybe BBC will invest money into coverage of real racing  :D  :D  :devil:  :D

yup can't be the dogs  :t-up:

Very sad.  I look forward to the F1 weekends and I think it will have a knock on effect for other freeview TV.  For example ITV will not have to work so hard with Touring cars etc. to compete.

Hopefully the fact that all races will still be available as highlights and on Radio 5 live will keep people interested.

From the BBC's comments it was either that or nothing in order to save costs.  Personally I can think of a whole lot of other stuff I would prefer to cut first.

sad day indeed...

won;t pay for what is meant to be FTA.

greedy little git.

This will no doubt be like said final nail for quite a few years. viewing figures will def droop.

Actually quite annoyed about this this morning...