Guide to wishbone bushes

Frosty

I’ve got some play in one of my front wishbones (metalastic bushes) so I’m wanting to upgrade the bushes.

I was going to go the nylon route reading this guide, but am I right in thinking that’s still the way to go? Or have the powerflex ones come on a lot since this guide was written?

The car is mostly track use but is used on the road as well, are nylon still the best option?

2 hours ago, Andy (Sycho) said:

I’ve got some play in one of my front wishbones (metalastic bushes) so I’m wanting to upgrade the bushes.

I was going to go the nylon route reading this guide, but am I right in thinking that’s still the way to go? Or have the powerflex ones come on a lot since this guide was written?

The car is mostly track use but is used on the road as well, are nylon still the best option?

I had nylon on my S2000 and it drove fine. Not too harsh. 

• Like 1

I changed to nylon supplied and fitted by Playskool earlier this year due to worn metalastics.

Can honestly say I didnt really notice a difference in harshness of the ride but handling definitely felt more responsive on track.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Scotty72 said:

I changed to nylon supplied and fitted by Playskool earlier this year due to worn metalastics.

Can honestly say I didnt really notice a difference in harshness of the ride but handling definitely felt more responsive on 

6 hours ago, Stu Faulkner said:

I had nylon on my S2000 and it drove fine. Not too harsh. 

Thanks both, I think I’ll get some nylon ones ordered next week👍

• 1 year later...

I just wondered if anyone knew of an alternative supplier of the 3 piece black nylon bushes supplied by plays kool. 

I'm in the process of changing the metalastic bushes on my s2000 and had used these on my previous westy and they were perfect. 

Appreciate the factory supply a 5 piece version but would prefer the 3 piece top hat type if I can find any. 

Cheers

Phil

• 1 year later...

30 year old metallastic bush.

E23F2932-242F-4ADD-B932-2829A42015FE.jpeg