Last Space shuttle Launch!

Timmay Zoom Zoom

Slammin' Sammy Miller did something similar in the '70s with a luner module rocket and ran a standing quarter in 3.58seconds with a terminal speed of 386mph at Santa Pod. Probably wouldn't be allowed now because of elf and safety...  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

Wounder if you could strap one of those engines to a westy?????

They do seem to use spark ignition so there are some similarities ....  :D

Nothing compared to the Saturn V's.

At the time of Lauch for Apollo 11, the Saturn V had more Horsepower than every car in the world combined :)

Don't make em like they used to....

some years ago my daughter wrote to Nasa for help on a space question which led to us getting VIP tickets to see a shuttle launch from the stands where the senators and the like sat. Unfortunately, it was the Columbia which was destroyed before the launch we were down to see. Once again we seem to have taken a step backwards in mankinds progress which is sad.

Clearly there are alternatives being worked upon but this has been a technical marvel which sadly will never be seen again.

US last venture in space.... :(      ur gps in jeopardy   :D

Satellite`s can be put into orbit with out the need for space travel so I wouldnt worry too much about GPS problems .  :D

US last venture in space.... :(      ur gps in jeopardy   :D

Satellite`s can be put into orbit with out the need for space travel so I wouldnt worry too much about GPS problems .  :D

Europe will have it's own version called Galileo in operation around 2018 and I believe Russia and China also have their own versions.

Saw Slammin Sammy Miller at the 'Pod many times, including the day he blew all the windows out of the gantry, demolished the grandstand behind the start line, blew over the blast truck and did the 3.58 sec run.

Happy days.................

Chaz