Scottish Applecross Tour 2011

Rab (bombero) Reid

Second all the comments made - just very glad to hear that no lasting injuries were incurred.

Wishing all concerned a speedy recovery from a very nasty looking accident.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rab (bombero) Reid

• Jumpy07

• Cleggy the Spyder Man

• Scottish Westy

Bl@@dy hell, those pictures are quite shocking.

Glad you are OK. It is just plastic and tubes. Life is so more valuable.

Mike

I am sure we have all been reading these threads on various club sites with a sense of personal involvement. Horrible accident that could happen to any of us (especially up here in sunny Scotland !) and a huge sense of relief that Matt (who I have not even met!) is well, despite the fact that the car looks finished.

Lucky one and hope to see you out in a 7 again in the future. Best wishes.

Glad your OK, can't quite beleive how trashed the car is.... I had an 'off' in the TVR a couple of weeks back & it does shake you up a bit. I would reccomend getting a cage fitted to all you westie owners out there!

Glad to hear the driver is ok.  

We, the ne7ers, tour in Scotland every year and so far only one accident, which was when I rolled the CSR so I know exactly how the driver will be feeling at the mo even though his is putting a brave face on things.

Time is a great healer, although I am still very cautious in the wet.

The pics are just horrible but so glad that Matt is OK.

It looks like the clutch is still on the engine and the gearbox is still in the car.  I guess the bellhousing just shattered.  So lucky with the point of impact.

Get well soon...

Rory's Dad

From all on the se7ens list and tour 7 wishing you a speedy recovery matt.

We've been organsing similar tours, domestic & european for 10 years now and had a few incidents ourselves although yours has to be one of the worst. What's more frightening is that it happened at relatively low speed. Even in wet conditions you could easily have been going a lot faster on that piece of road.

On a lighter note, think of it as an oppurtunity to upgrade the car on the rebuild....

All the best  :)

Jonathan "JB7" Rarity

This was the second day (Sat) run back over the pass from Applecross.. haved edited out the Plonker driver..

Craig

Woah, only just seen this... Glad you came out of the accident as well as you did. Sorry to hear about the car, but as said, that can be sorted... Video above looks fun too :)

Just been to see Matt and he's still keeping his pecker up in his own irrepressible style. On the road to recovery and hopefully 'on the road' for next year's run back to Applecross  :cool:  

@Craig, how's your car? Heard you had a bit of an oopsy!  ;)

.. .. did I not hear that your oopsy involved a tank of diesel??  :oops:

Nope.. was initial thoughts that I had got some dodgy fuel..or along those lines.... as I filled up on Sat night when we got back.. and it was running fine up to that..... and problem started on Sunday morning..   emptied the tank and filled will fresh fuel and it started.. but it ran like a pig the whole way home.. sounds like its running on three cylnders...

First time I have had any problems..  will stick a new set of plugs in it before I start messing about, not got much time to investigate at the moment.

Craig

Dumped the tank?!  :oops:  Double check your plugs leads are fully home and try a spare coilpack as well  ;)

Best wishes to Matt. Hope you make a speedy recovery. Very sad to hear of the crash and the pictures are really scary.