Zetec wiring loom

Pete.H

Building 1.8 zetec engine car with standard injection system.

Ordered wiring loom from Westfield and found multi plug to connect to engine loom, is different to plug fitted to engine loom ,with all different colour wires.Anyone else had this problem? Tried contacting Westfield, not very helpfull!!

You did not honestly expect them to mate together did you  ??? The Westy loom is designed for a multitude of applications.

Sorry, i am assuming a certain amount of naiveity here

First things first:

1) Obtain the relevant haynes manual for the injection/ECU you are using (Mondeo)

2) Discover what each of the wires on the Zetec loom are for, from memory Live (brown) ignition (white) Fuel pump (Green), there is another one for tacho feed also.

3) I would fit 30amp relay's between the feeds, fuel pump and ECU (I used a 20amp fuse on the relay to protect the ECU)

4) Find the wire on the ECU for earth and use a good earth point on the chassis

5) Connect up your ignition and live

6) Connect up sensors, coil pack, injectors etc..

It is obvioulsly not quite as simple as that but you get the jist, Mike at Westfield is the 'leccy guy, if you have not spoken to him I would give it a go, I found him to be very helpful

If you are not confident about what you are doing obtain some assistence, I certainly did  ;)

All the best

JD