1600 CVH with Kent 22 cam

Jed

Just aquired my first Westy (actually it's the GF's car really) with a 1600 CVH and according to the receipts it's fitted with a Kent 22K cam.  It's also got DCOE 45's.

My question is how much spitting and roughness should I expect when the revs are under 2200?  Should it be easily driveable?

It's a real pain to drive down my lumpy drive due to the VERY rough tickover and around town the spitting through the carbs and exhaust gets very annoying.  Works superbly when the right pedal is pressed firmly though.  

Has been RR'd in the past at 125bhp at the flywheel so there's been a bit of tuning gone on in it but I don't know fully what has been done.

Jed

I have a cvh with kent fast road cam in it (and many other nice bits) and it was ****e at low revs in traffic and around town etc spitting more than roy hattersley!! had carbs set up (twin 40`s by the way) and now its so much better !! hardly pops at all. Do you have any rubber under your feet?? b4 i glued in my ridged rubber matting my foot slipped a little on the ally floor which also made things a little jumpy !!

Hope this helps :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up: