This is going to get me shot !!

carpetstu

ooo has a nice Boxster got you thinking Stu  :oops:

A little bit but yours is way out of my price range  :down:

An older 2.5 might be in thoughts tho ?  :t-up:

get off here then  and get some rugs sold then  :p  :p  :p  :p

Lol thanks Jeff.

Is there anything I need to know about the Boxster' and the engine history of the different derivatives that I should know before I go spending money?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• carpetstu

• RedditchJay

• JeffC

• perksy

yeh do a google on RMS and IMS after you have read up you will prob be scared off buying one  :0  :0  :0  :0

yeh do a google on RMS and IMS after you have read up you will prob be scared off buying one  :0  :0  :0  :0

:0 Still want one ...  :laugh:

:0 Still want one ...  :laugh:

ye didnt put me off either, my advice would be try and get a facelift version even if that meant getting the smaller motor, much prettier inside and out and better to drive  :t-up:  :t-up:

Bargain alert  ;)

what years with 911 are the face lift version ???

All of them lol can't afford a 911 anyway  :down:  so the Boxster will have to do for now if I decide on the Porsche route  :D

i am not upto speed on Porsche models or years........ all look the same to me.....

ooo has a nice Boxster got you thinking Stu  :oops:

A little bit but yours is way out of my price range  :down:

An older 2.5 might be in thoughts tho ?  :t-up:

get off here then  and get some rugs sold then  :p  :p  :p  :p

Lol thanks Jeff.

Is there anything I need to know about the Boxster' and the engine history of the different derivatives that I should know before I go spending money?

Don't get a real early one, I've driven a few and apart from handling quite well they were all a bit pants.....

(one was one of the "tiptronic" type.... that was GOD AWFUL!!)

Edited to say "this car looks real nice and is a bargain for the price"

i am not upto speed on Porsche models or years........ all look the same to me.....

Racist. ;)

This is a Boxster :

Pink%20Porsche%20Boxster%20S%202009%20photo.jpg

These are 911s :

qctah.jpg

Didn't see this one coming Mate    :oops:    

Are you sure Stu   ???     ???

Yes mate, It's been in the thoughts for a while mate but I have resisted!

Time to explore other options  :t-up:

Ginge ... It's been a pleasure to work on the car and get it to the current state and with a little more work on the tuning it will be one of the best on the road IMHO but it's time for me to let someone else have sone fun with her  :t-up:

the general rule is that if you are not sure if it is going backwards or forwards it's a Boxter, if it makes a horrid rattly farty noise it is an air cooled 911, a harsh raspy noise and dripping oil then a later water cooled 911, if pig ugly a cayenne, a nice v8 noise a 928, a wooden gear stick ... :D

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.