1st. Post

SootySport

Hiya all.     I'm another Newbie from Sarf Essex, a dedicated petrolhead (sometimes Derv).

I've been perusing the Westfield forum for a few days now and reading  what engines, trim options are available.   I'm in no hurry to buy one yet as funds won't be available until the end of the year but I can dream until then and get a feeling what I need to spend.

I am now Grandad status (3 off) so free of residing kids, just a wife to keep happy.

Had a good spread of cars since 1969, first being a Ford 100E van and more recently Tuned TDI's and a Clio Cup 172.   I do a good few trackdays now and decided it's time to ditch the understeering front drive hatches and progress or regress to rear wheel drive. Westfields seem to fit the bill, being cheaper than Caterhams, well thats how it seems to me at the moment.

I think a Widebody motor will be needed to accomodate me,  6ft.  and 14st. What yer think?

I'll be asking the stupid Newbie questions in the near future, be gentle with me.

Bernie.

Welcome Bernie, you've picked a great time of year to start planning; a lot of cars are coming out of their winter hibernation at the moment, club meets start gathering more Westfields and with runs out and what have you, there should be plenty of opportunities for a chat and a ride.

Welcome to the forum. :) You've made the right choice getting involved before your purchase. This way you can make a very informed choice when you eventually do buy.

bernie welcome

you just missed the last essex meet

next one not till next month  but please come and meet the locals :t-up:  seem to be getting a few more cars turning up lately and new members .

all welcome to kick some tyres and have a beer

Welcome Bernie, from another fellow Essex boy :p

As Pete says this months meet was last weekend but they'll be plenty more throughout the year and hopefully several Westfields there too if the sun stays out.

Pop along and I'm sure you'll find plenty of us willing to talk cars and let you try out a few for size.

O' AH,   Replies already,  Yes I'm like the idea of the Woodham meets,  2nd. Sunday of the month, right?

Kick your tyres pete? you sure.

yep but just the tyres

:D

welcome - mees 6foot2" and about 14.5 stone

no problems with a wide with a bit of modification for me knees - lowered floor in mine so that helps you sit lower in the car

you should be ok with a standard floor depending upon the seats and fitting of

if you are looking at track days make sure you buy a car with a proper roll bar or cage and maybe an aero screen

other nice things to have for track stuff - slippy diff - gearbox with non standard ratios -

plenty of nice cars popping up for sale with those things as a minimum - enjoy the search

Hi Bernie, Welcome aboard! Another Essex chap here. Sit in lots lots of cars as they vary a lot. I'm 6ft5 and 19 stone and fit in my car happily after a couple of little tweeks.

Looks like an widebody version for me then.     Are they just labelled as SEIW or do other models come with the widedody?

sew or seiw

i stands for independant rear suspension