195/65/R15   tintop tyres

RedditchJay

all

My Golf has Conti Premium 2 tyres all round, fitted a set of 4 last January {15000 miles ago}, the fronts have already dropped to just above legal {3mm} whilst the rears are steady at 6mm

The compound is quite soft so wet  / damp is fantastic, downside is high wear rate.

Whats a good, hard wearing 195 / 65 / R15  H rated tyre on the market at the moment ???

I have the same tyres on my Skoda Octavia and get about the same mileage but they are a good tyre, I tried Falkens but they weren't as good and didn't last any longer...

I have michelin sport pilots on my honda and fronts do about 20K seem a good all round tyre

Another vote for Michelin's.  I've run used the Pilot Primacy on my Mk4 golfs for the last 6 years, excellent grip and regularly get 20-25K from a front pair.

Another vote for the Michelin primacy, had them on my mk4 gti and my old man had them on his mk3, really good grip in the dry and even better in the wet  :)

ive just put some Kumho ecsta sport tyres (kh31 i think) on my focus 195/55/15

they are great... i was very supprised. the car is smoother, seems to roll easier, much (MUCH) quieter than before and pretty grippy on the back roads. at £55 per corner im well impressed

its not rained yet so cant say what they are like in the damp, but so far they are way better than the dulop i had before.