• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• blue_toaster

• RedditchJay

• Steven (WE51STE)

• Drugsdontwork

Its so frustrating when you put in the hard work to secure a substantial saving based on good initial feedback only to find when it comes to committing people vanish.

Hopefully, people have seen the weather improving ( Sun coming out at least ) and the opportunity to get out on they dry roads more they will join us in this fantastic bulk buy.

Thanks for your effort so far.

Steve

I'd love to give you an order but my car is far from finished so I have nothing to measure!

A half hood is on my shopping list for the future.

OK, the offer's closed through lack of interest. I've got 3 orders including myself.

Soft Bits are looking to see what they can do for the 3 orders, so Garth, Mooncloud, I'll talk to you directly.

Hope they can still cut you guys a deal, failing it we have the Redditch option of circa £200 / £225 for a half roof from standard Westy material

Sorry that despite all your hard work this did not come off. I wanted one but was just needing to get the measurements needed as my car was in aeroscreen and not windscreen mode at the moment

David

I'm sorry.

I lost my job 3 weeks ago then got dumped on the same day!

House is up for sale,but kept on to the westie.

A half hood is the only thing my westfield needs. :(

I lost my job 3 weeks ago then got dumped on the same day!

House is up for sale,but kept on to the westie.

A half hood is the only thing my westfield needs. :(

b****r.

I'm sorry to hear that.

Someones coming to see the mazda today.

Got a temp job with a agency for a while,had a second viewing on the house yesterday.

Things are a little bit better now thanks  :t-up:

• 4 months later...

Hi,

Just to let you know my experience of buying a hood from softbits4sevens

The bulk buy did not go ahead but I ordered directly via their web site.

I ordered it 3 months ago and received it at the start of this week I was on holiday for the first month but then I've spent 2 months and multiple phone calls chasing ( every time it was being sent out on Monday )

At the last minute they changed the design and upped the price by £60 for some aluminium struts which are supposed to give extra support.  They are big fat aluminium tubes that are not polished, cut straight or to size.   I'd put the value at a couple of quid.  They phoned and asked for the money just as the courier was picking the items up.

The bag I've seen that holds the hood when not in use has also been changed to a cheaper ( design and material ) bag that does not sit central on the car and no zip at the side so it could come open  and you run the risk of loosing the poles when cornering ( the older version with a zip was much better design and material ).

No fitting / care instructions.

As you can guess I'm not impressed with the item or service.

For their premium price I was expecting a more premium product :-(

Steve

Sorry to hear that Steve.......

When I phoned them a couple of years back about get their half hood they really didn't seem interested, thats what put me off them!!!!

I think they need to rename the company, "soft bits for catering vans"  :p  :laugh:

When I have ordered black poppers through their web site, they were delivered within 2 days, so they are good with the standard stuff

Have you got any photos of this hood then??

that because they only love lotus related "kit cars".....

Westfields / locost / robin hoods are all  :arse: to them........

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.