Rear Defuser

FHW

if you do a search for grannie annie you can find pics like this.. dont think she will be too chuffed tho..

pic

:D

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blatman

• Matt Seabrook

• Annie

• tex

if you do a search for grannie annie you can find pics like this.. dont think she will be too chuffed tho..

pic

Thats the one!! :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

pic

Trouble is I can't remember if it's my New Romantic, Madonna, Punk, or Bondage phase (certainly not Mary Poppins).  ???

Annie.

Looks like your Simpsons phase to me - doh!  :D

• 2 months later...

I would like a diffuser and more aero but it is so low I may not go on atrailer.

How is the front spoiler fitted?  Ihave a front and rear one but never been fitted. Could you show me some close ups of that and the running boards?

The car is currently in the garage awaiting a trip to Mr Eales for a pre-season service but I'll take some detail photos of the nose mounting and 'running boards' (these also feed into the diffuser via curved strakes in front of the rear wheels) sometime in the next week or so.

Annie.

Mike,

Apologies about the 1 week becoming 2 months, but here are the piccies showing some of the detail regarding the mounting of the aero bits on my SEight.

All the components were Westfield manufactured and fitted (also including the flat floor and diffuser that complete the package). If we ever convince ourselves that we have scraped together the funds for the next car I can guarantee that it will be far more radical (but still MSA-compliant as a road-going car).

Annie.

18007.jpeg

18008.jpeg

annie whats the side boards made from? is that ply painted or ally? cant quite see. its a very big wing on the front - which should help with 'shovelling' air over the brick front end [mainly the suspension sticky out bits] does the wider floor side running boards end just behind the front wheels or extend forwards to the front wing? the lower wishbone will foul it i guess on droop

annie whats the side boards made from? is that ply painted or ally? cant quite see. its a very big wing on the front - which should help with 'shovelling' air over the brick front end [mainly the suspension sticky out bits] does the wider floor side running boards end just behind the front wheels or extend forwards to the front wing? the lower wishbone will foul it i guess on droop

Tex,

Apart from the wooden splitter/skid plate under the GF nose, the 'running boards', flat floor, and diffuser are all alloy. The flat floor does extend forward to meet the splitter but is narrowed (so that the front wheels have somewhere to turn!).

Note that the car doesn't have wings (front or rear) ~ the MSA definition requires a gap between the wing surface and the bodywork and I don't have any of that technical stuff (Jim Hall might be one of Mike's heroes but he can keep his wings and his white cars thank you very much).

Grannie Annie.

All I know is there must be something in it.. because, through last season Strephen's got sucked off and under his car on two occasions.

:D  just read that back... fnar :)