Rear Defuser

FHW

Hi all,

I saw a rear defuser that went under the car at the rear like a F1 car and thought it looked really good, the owner got it from Robin Hood and said it made the car a lot more stable at high speed. I’ve done a bit of homework and the one from  Robin Hood is the wrong size, does anyone know where I can get one from for a Westie?

Cheers Colin

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blatman

• Matt Seabrook

• Annie

• tex

Plays Kool, Westfield to name but two commercial suppliers  :D  :)  :)

The WF carbon one costs a fortune and when you hold it in one hand with the WF plastic one in the other you can hardly tell the difference weight wise.

I think the WF diffuser is more just cosmetic though...

...if you search the archives, there are many people who might suggest that they are all 'cosmetic' unless they stickout out a long way from the rear of the car  ;)  :sheep:  :D

the owner got it from Robin Hood and said it made the car a lot more stable at high speed

He was / is deluding himself. The *vast majority* of diffusers fitted to Se7en's offer little in the way of adding

downforce or stability to the car. They might help reduce drag a bit by covering up the big parachute rear end where the tank

and rear bodywork are, but thats it. And remeber, downforce also equals drag, so if the offset between "reduced drag" over "increased downforce" were properly calculated, I'll bet the actual difference with and without a diffuser is the sqare root of naff all.

They do keep the diff and suspension really clean though...

the owner got it from Robin Hood and said it made the car a lot more stable at high speed

He was / is deluding himself. The *vast majority* of diffusers fitted to Se7en's offer little in the way of adding

downforce or stability to the car. They might help reduce drag a bit by covering up the big parachute rear end where the tank

and rear bodywork are, but thats it. And remeber, downforce also equals drag, so if the offset between "reduced drag" over "increased downforce" were properly calculated, I'll bet the actual difference with and without a diffuser is the sqare root of naff all.

They do keep the diff and suspension really clean though...

Perhaps it just reinforced the chassis a bit, you know, like a cage would on a Westfield.  :p  :D  :D  :D

Have one on my car it did have a bottom element that half fell off at MIRA last year, 1) did not notice until I got back to paddock and heard this tinkling noise from behind, 2) did a personal best time with it dragging on the floor :D  :bangshead:  :D

So would agree with other posters it looks good and keeps the diff clean but not much else.

But are you a 32" waist Barney?  ;)  :p

Barney, I used to think that big was beautifull.

Now small and light is the way to go.

Still you and John are the right height. :D