Dealing with Ar*ehole Neighbours

B16CVH

Local Authority Planning Departments have powers under Section 215 of the Town and Country Planning Act to require the cleaning up of an untidy site.

Have a read of this and see if it could be applied in your case.

If you can present valid facts and good reasoning then the Council Planning and Enviromental Health Departments will listen to you and advise accordingly. However in the current climate where council funding is being slashed and cost savings having to be made on non statutory services don't be supprised if you get ignored or brushed off when you start making false claims about rats, fire risks etc.  We've heard all those stories before, get bored quickly and stop being helpful.

Hmm, this makes for an intreresting read, only had a quick flick throught but very interesting :)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• B16CVH

• Blatman

• echoz

• windy

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there number plates on the vehicles? If so check there status on DVLA site. The following is from Directgov.

If you have not made a SORN (Statutory Off Road Notification) and your vehicle is not taxed, an automatic penalty of £80 will apply. Your vehicle could also be clamped and taken away from you.

Robin

Are there number plates on the vehicles? If so check there status on DVLA site. The following is from Directgov.

If you have not made a SORN (Statutory Off Road Notification) and your vehicle is not taxed, an automatic penalty of £80 will apply. Your vehicle could also be clamped and taken away from you.

Robin

JUst checked the landy and this is what is says:

Date of Liability  01 01 1993  

Date of First Registration  01 12 1967  

Year of Manufacture  Not Available  

Cylinder Capacity (cc)  Not Available  

CO2 Emissions  Not Available  

Fuel Type  Heavy Oil  

Export Marker  Not Applicable  

Vehicle Status  Unlicensed  

Vehicle Colour  GREEN  

Vehicle Type Approval  

Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle    

6 Months Rate  Not Available  

12 Months Rate  Not Available  

???

Looks like the Landy could be tax exempt,although i think you still need to display a disk saying so,What about the rest of the sheds?

I got the plate off google maps, for some reason that vehicle was the only one that wasnt removed (not round the wifes at the mo) will check the others when i get chance. These are all on his drive though so even if they werent taxed he isnt doing anything wrong  :bangshead:

Probably easier and less hassle to move.

Its not you is it Windy?   <!--emo&:laugh:

John,

Haha I've been rumbled :p  :D

Webcam and log me in...

Set up the cam and you'll be able to control it using www.logmein.com which alows reomote access to PC's for free. You'll be able to see and use any PC from any other as long as you install the logmein software. I have it on loads of my machines and it's well handy...

I think you may have hit the nail on the head with that, thats a great plan! Cheers the the info, i will have to have a word with the other half and get the ball rolling! :t-up:

You may wanna check this out... ;)

think we're missing the point here, this is obviously a car fanatic, like us.

He's got a LWB landie, so he must be a perfectly normal chap. ( likewise anyone with one is perfectly mentally stable )

A mini cos he's preventing the loss of a piece of motoring history - there's not many of them left now.. he's doing the motoring world a favour in fact.

his ldv and p100 are simply waiting for scrap metal prices to rise again back to levels of about 2yrs ago..

Simples :-)

Chris, if all else fails.

Why not just show him how fast a Westy can reverse out of a garage. Get him to stand directly behind so he can see the speed.