Scottish group Applecross2011

ziplob

Following the Scottish group's sunday run and after some discussion during and after lunch it looks like a weekend at Applecross is on the cards  For those who have never done the applecross pass its the highest and most senic route in Scotland? put it into U Tube and there are a few vid's of it

Anyway  i do not have a problem doing the orginisation for this event and have already been in touch with the camp site  all they need is dates and numbers so we can get it booked . i will supply all the route maps including the whereabouts of petrol stations Ha Ha .I will also plan times and meeting places for us and a lunch stop again all i need is numbers and a date , do we do three or two days  i.e fri /sat/sun or just sat/sun .We will also supply the support van that will follow us up with all our tents ,food , cooking equipment a few gazebos in case the weather gods forget about us ??? we already have a driver for that and you will all get his phone number as he will be carrying fuel and the carry out plus a few spares  . We will all chip in for the fuel for the Van but it will make the trip up far more enjoyable

My thinking for a date is mid June and no later that the first week in July  .www.applecross.uk.com/ will give you a clue where it is and what its all about , there are camping huts you can hire but that is up to you as  am only going to book the camping part. I know this is next year but the campsite fills up pretty quickly and they are not doing 2011 bookings for about another month so i want to be in a position to get it booked a.s.a.p for us .

So people lets get names, dates and suggestions up and make it happen if you only do one run in your life in a westy it has to be the Applecross pass

Bob

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Matta

• Wee Dov

• ziplob

• deanoecosse

Bob - I'm in. This far in advance, I'm flexible on dates.

Matt

Having read a few build diaries there's no way my car will be on the road by then!

I could maybe pop across to meet and greet and view some cars though.

Due to work I can never commit to anything but it would be a nice day trip from where I am anyway.

Doug

Where are you Doug ? ???

Wee Dov

Easter Ross. Near Tain.

Opposite side of the country from Applecross but its amazing (I sound like cheryl cole now) how narrow Scotland is in parts.

Doug

Hi,

Count me in. I am flexible time/date wise. I am up for camping also. The drive up the nose of Applecross is awsome in any car, i can only speculate what it would be like with 13 Westfields and a Hood.

regards

Yep, I'd be up for that too. I too am flexible with dates at this point as my work commitments cannot be forseen any further than about 1-2 months in advance just now (that's if I'm lucky!).

The other guys/cars that came with me on the Sunday all sounded positive for a weekend away so that's me plus 4 others  :cool:

:D how about this then june 24th 25th 26th heading up on the friday to a barbie at night and a few cold beers followed by a run round the peninsula on the saturday back to the campsite at night for a few more beers and another brarbie and head home sunday. we couuld reserve a few tables at the applecross inn on the saturday night for dinner ??? up to you guys  Get your Holiday forms in now ????

I'm up for this, surely I'll have my build finished by then. I've been saying "it'll be finished in 2 weeks" for the last 8 months! :bangshead:

ok team, campsite booked 24/56/26 june 2011 just holding 20 spaces at the moment will confirm booking with them end of october,will start working on the route and everything else soon and  will keep you all posted, seem to have enough people up for driving the van  up to applecross. For the Saturday night do we want to have a barbie or a pub meal because we may need to book early if we want the pub meal . also looking for a few gazebos to go up in the van .

Ta Bob - planning pub grub might be a good idea for the Saturday in case it's pi$$ing down (hard to believe, I know).  It's a really good pub too.

Cheers,

Matt