'Busa loom - where do the Instruments plug in ?

steve_m

Trying to use as much of the 'busa wiring loom as possible but I don't have a connector that plugs into the std busa instrument cluster and there are no obvious ripped out wires in the loom.  I gather it goes in at the fusebox end of the loom.

Am I missing a set of connectors or is there a second smaller loom for the instruments ?

Thanks, Steve

Just flicking through the Westfield catalogue, (as you do on a miserable Sunday afternoon!;) page 29, pt no. 2921410 is a "Mega dashboard harness- std." @ £98 !!. any help?

As far as I'm aware Westfield don't offer a loom to allow you to use the stock Hayabusa instrument panel - it doesn't pass SVA because of the radiuses (unless mounted behind a rather naff sheet of perspex).

I think the loom you're refering to may be for 'standard' VDO instruments as they have an option of using a fancy motosport unit (Stack I think). Ring the factory to check - Mark Walker is your man.

Thanks, I wasn't aware that the 'busa instruments wouldn't pass SVA . . . um, bit of a pain.  Maybe I'll need a piece of perspex for SVA ?  :angry:

I'm using the std busa loom and instruments so the Westfield part wouldn't be much good but thanks anyway.

Steve