'Cushion' Seat?????

Graham.J

Right, been thinking (see FAO anyone with FIA Roll Bar post) and have decided that it's going to be a better bet to buy an FIA bar from westfield and sit on 'cushions' as getting the westfield up to Bradford from right down in Surrey is a week's holiday.

Now I've seen somewhere a one piece driver and passenger seat made of just padding.

If anyone knows anything about them or where I can get such a thing please contact me.

Cheers

Graham

Graham, have you adequate claerance above your head if you sit on the bare floor of your Westy? This will give you some indication as to whether the 'padded floor' idea would work. Obviously you will need to add approx an inch for the foam.

If it doesnt, then its back to the extended roll bar, or extensive plastic surgery.... :0  :blush:  :(

Your best bet is to get a two pack foam kit (Glassplies, Merlin Motorsport, Trident Racing, etc.) and some big plastic bin liners and make a seat from scratch.

That way you get a seat which supports you in all the right places and stops you sliding from side to side in the cockpit.

Cover it in material or duct tape, whatever takes your fancy.

Cheers Nick i'll have a phone about, do you know how I can contact them, do they have websites?

Stu, I'm pretty sure I'll fit under but I'll check on friday (hospital tomorrow for a check up and more blood tests, so I'll be groggy for the rest of the day)

I did make my own seat as a temporary experimental measure.....

200211135718844769465862.jpg

Very fetching I thought (ignore the plastic sheet it was a bit dirty), but IIRC this was a good position for me although I will do a double check.

Cheers

And to say once again - you need 50mm from the top of your head with crash helmet on to top of roll bar  ;)  :p  :D

So check it all out first  ;)

Your best bet is to get a two pack foam kit (Glassplies, Merlin Motorsport, Trident Racing, etc.) and some big plastic bin liners and make a seat from scratch.

Demon Tweeks do one called "Foamkit" for £25 which makes 2 cu ft of foam - that should be enough to get you comfortable  :cool:

hope you made some matching driving gloves to :D

No I didn't but now that you mention it..................where's my sowing machine  :D

And to say once again - you need 50mm from the top of your head with crash helmet on to top of roll bar  ;)  :p  :D

So check it all out first  ;)

Cheers Mark, is it 50mm to the top of the bar or the bottom of the bar? On common sense I'd say it was top  :durr:

Demon Tweeks do one called "Foamkit" for £25 which makes 2 cu ft of foam - that should be enough to get you comfortable  :cool:

Cheers, I'll have a look in their catalogue now.

On common sense I'd say it was top  

Common sense prevails  ;)  :D  :)

Graham, the Foamkit is in a 'Stop Press' box on the inside back cover and is not listed in the index - the Product Code is 'Foamkit' as well  :sheep:

Is there any way I can have my Westfield seats covered, I have the fibre glass racing ones, and ive seen others with the leather coverings, are there any companies who can cover mine or can I buy the covers from Westfield and glue them in myself?  Just curious

Graham, the Foamkit is in a 'Stop Press' box on the inside back cover and is not listed in the index - the Product Code is 'Foamkit' as well  :sheep:

How did you know I was going to put a post up asking where it was, I was searching for it all last night. I even looked in the index for it :durr:

How much will 2 cu ft take up seat wise? Will I need to get a couple of packs?

Cheers

Just measured up, and it seems I will be able to have the RAC bar providing i'm nearly on the floor, the floor seems comfy enough  ???

I've just ordered the bar from westfield so when it comes I can see what I'm really dealing with as a tape measure isn't really that good.

I'm still baffled with this seat polava, and the stuff from demon theeves is a bit pricey.

the stuff from demon theeves is a bit pricey

£25 a bit pricey? ......imagine what Westfield would charge!

Cue sound of helicopters overhead and a big black limo at the door  :0   :cool: