2.0 Zetec with original injection !!!!

whizzingalong

I am soon going to order a new kit from Westfield.

I plan to fit a 2.0 zetec engine.

I would like to use the standard Ford injection system and ECU.

Will it fit under the bonnet ?

Will it plug straight into the westfield wiring loom ?

Will it work ??

Good choice of car first. :t-up:

AFAIK if you go for the std ford plenum setup you would need the V8 style bonnet so it can fit. I may be wrong, you'd better ask the factory when you place your order.

otherwise good luck. :D

Mike

:0  :0  :0

That looks like my doing.............. :D  :D  :D

Anyhooooo

As Mike says, there may well be fitment issues with the standard injection system, which will also need to be scrapped as soon as you want more power. If you have the means, go for throttle body injection from the get go. You'll HAVE to have injection and a cat if the engine is post (August??) 1995 anyway, so choose carefully. Pre 1995 Zetecs can be run on carbs with no cat,so it'll be cheaper initially, and the carbs will produce just as much power as the injection.

if you use all the parts supplied by westfield for the engine, etc and standard fuel injection system the standard bonnet actually just fits ok :D