1.6 CVH to 2.0 Zetec S Black top

RobK

Ive been considering a CVH-zetec swap for a while yet.

- Its not happened yet, and its not a  quick weekend job. However of the engine swaps it is about the easest.

Daniel

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• carpetstu

• RobK

• dhutch

• wizzer

Top Posters In This Topic

Are the 1.8 Zetec mounts the same as the CVH?  :D

If i get it sorted before hand i think it'll be off the road for 2 weeks providing i have had a few lifts in and out to sort mounts and have sourced all other parts.

The knowledge on here will aid me  :cool:

Are the 1.8 Zetec mounts the same as the CVH?  :D

NO  :p

:down:  Can always get some new ones sorted and fitted  :down:

Just to throw a spanner in the works - I cracked my left-hand engine mount (the one that has alternator bracket) for my CVH a few years ago and ordered a new one from the factory.  It turned up and the invoice said 'left-hand zetec engine mount' or words to that effect.  I phoned the factory and said they'd sent me the wrong mount.  The reply was that the Zetec and CVH mounts were the same.  If you're on about the actual mounting points... I've no idea.

Neil

Engine i am looking at is a 2.0 Zetec S Blacktop out of a Mondeo 2000.

Sadly research seems to show the Zetec S is either a smaller cc petrol engine or in 2.0 format a diesel !! Maybe the blokes got it wrong :)

Bloke has it wrong!

The 'blacktop' is from the Zetec E series.

there is no  Zetec S series but an SE which is also reffered to as the sigma engine in either 1600 or 1700cc.

they are completely different.

Just to throw a spanner in the works - I cracked my left-hand engine mount (the one that has alternator bracket) for my CVH a few years ago and ordered a new one from the factory.  It turned up and the invoice said 'left-hand zetec engine mount' or words to that effect.  I phoned the factory and said they'd sent me the wrong mount.  The reply was that the Zetec and CVH mounts were the same.  If you're on about the actual mounting points... I've no idea.

Neil

They appear to be very similar. Plenty of internet info on modding the mounts on tintop cvh to fit a zetec.

Apparently 1 need some metal off one side and both need additional mounting holes drilling. Will get the engine and have a look.

I was always told 'one of the two engine mounts is the same'

However i dont know which side, if thats blacktop, silvertop/dohc or what. I also cant confirm it.
 - That said, the bolt patern for the bellhousing is the same, and that  is the main thing.

You can make/modify and engine mount in an hour with a mig welder and some table leg.

Daniel

Apparently 1 need some metal off one side and both need additional mounting holes drilling. Will get the engine and have a look.

is it really worth the hasstle? cutting metal off here and there, drilling holes in the block etc?

have you spoke to westfield about this as they will be able to answer the question on whats what and probably the easiert place to buy the right ones

Did a cvh to silvertop 2.0 zetec conversion a year or so ago. The exhaust side mount was the same while the other side was different. Not sure if this is the same for the black top.

If you search the posts you will find lots of information on this type of conversion.

Silver top required 45's, inlet manifold, exhaust manifold, 1.8 zetec fly wheel (optional) Omex ecu, ARP conrod bolts (recommended) Coolant plumbing, starter motor, shallow sump, new clutch and cam belt at the same time, clutch release bearing, alternator mount,  gaskets, bolts, setting up at rolling road etc. Best part of £2000.00 all in including lump for £190 of the bay of e.

Lots of these bits were second hand.

Got about £400-£500 back for old carbs etc.

You can run on 40's but they aren't ideal

Thoroughly enjoyed it, you might do it in a couple of weekends with all the bits to hand, but took me a lazy 4 months over eth winter.

:p

If it's any help and if you can PM me your email address, (as I'm only a boardroom user) I can send you photos of the mounts if you wish.

Regards

Simon

Hey Simon,

I'm trying to PM you as I think your local to me, don't know many WF owners around here but im sure that pic of your car is Skilly Beach in Newlyn.

give me a PM or email

lefty_kris@hotmail.com

P.s sorry for thread hijacking!!

stantmans list is pretty much right, although i used the cvh started motor on my silvertop zetec fine and one thing he missed which is only small so he's forgiven :) is a spiggot bearing which the zetec usually doesnt have.

2K is a good price if you can pick everything up second hand, my induction system (which is everything on the inlet side) was 2K alone.