1.6 CVH to 2.0 Zetec S Black top

RobK

Considering putting cams and solid lifters in my CVH, now started considering getting all the parts together for what i believe is a simple conversion.

What are the extra components i will need to fit to a standard Zetec S 2.0 to fit it to my Westfield.  Can my 2 CVH engine mounts be used for the Zetec? I understand i will need to fabricate the 3rd engine mount.

Initially engine will be on carbs but hopefully changed later to Jenvey throttle bodies.

Any help appreciated, including other engines that will fit and be more tuneable

PS. I have searched in an attempt to work out if the 2 mounts are identical, looking to trial fit the engine during summer wet weekends with it fully fitted next winter unless the CVH goes bang before!!!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• carpetstu

• RobK

• dhutch

• wizzer

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Rob

Engine mounts are not the same, don't no anything about a third engine mount

Take my advise save your coin sell the cvh westy and but a zetec westy

Tony

Hi

I built mine with a 2.0L Black Top in standard form with a Griffin Power Plenum chamber, Westfield CAT exhaust and an Omex ECU its made 158bhp.  If you put Jenvey's on you should get 170 and with Cam Work you should be pushing around 200bhp plus a decent exhaust.  These are figures that Richard Brothers Ltd have got from Black Tops.

You only have 2 engine mounts and one for the gearbox, which I had to adapt slightly.  

If it's any help and if you can PM me your email address, (as I'm only a boardroom user) I can send you photos of the mounts if you wish. :t-up:

Regards

Simon

Hi Rob

Tony

Tony, i understand that may be the sensible approach and most cost effective.

But thats not what i am about, more interested in the development of the car. These are only thoughts at present, is there a zetec engine that has the mounts identical to the CVH?

the Zetec will require alot more than just different engine mounts.

I changed my cvh to Black top two years ago.

The plumbing for the cooling needs changing, the webers need to be 45'(with 5 hole progression) not 40's ideally, the exhaust w ill not fit, the alternator is different, some of the wiring is different, you cant put throttle bodies in instead of webers without major fuel plumbing issues.

That just some of what I remember!

But was it a good option?

Hell yes  :D

Hi

I built mine with a 2.0L Black Top in standard form with a Griffin Power Plenum chamber, Westfield CAT exhaust and an Omex ECU its made 158bhp.  If you put Jenvey's on you should get 170 and with Cam Work you should be pushing around 200bhp plus a decent exhaust.  These are figures that Richard Brothers Ltd have got from Black Tops.

You only have 2 engine mounts and one for the gearbox, which I had to adapt slightly.  

If it's any help and if you can PM me your email address, (as I'm only a boardroom user) I can send you photos of the mounts if you wish. :t-up:

Regards

Simon

Hi, its more the easiest conversion method i am looking for.

I am looking at a Zetec S but most of the info seems to be about the Zetec E, need to know the differences to make a conversion as easy as possible.

Looking at a cheap engine at the moment, something to lift in and sort out the mounts etc before sourcing a better engine later

E or S ? lost me on that one!

All as i can tell you is mine is a focus destined  black top if that helps?

the Zetec will require alot more than just different engine mounts.

I changed my cvh to Black top two years ago.

The plumbing for the cooling needs changing, the webers need to be 45'(with 5 hole progression) not 40's ideally, the exhaust w ill not fit, the alternator is different, some of the wiring is different, you cant put throttle bodies in instead of webers without major fuel plumbing issues.

That just some of what I remember!

But was it a good option?

Hell yes  :D

Its got to be worth it!  :D

So all the mounts are different on the Zetec? I thought there was an engine option where they were the same.

The throttle bodies would be a future upgrade.

I know there is plenty to it, but an easy winter job if i can start getting bits sorted ready........

Thanks for the advice so far  :t-up:

Hi Rob

Tony

But thats not what i am about, more interested in the development of the car. These are only thoughts at present, is there a zetec engine that has the mounts identical to the CVH?

From memory the mount on the exhaust side is in two parts, the cvh one might fit but I'm not sure it is definatly in a different place

Tony

Hi Rob

Tony

From memory the mount on the exhaust side is in two parts, the cvh one might fit but I'm not sure it is definatly in a different place

Tony

Nope single piece mounts on both sides just different fitments.

Hi Rob

Tony

Tony

Nope single piece mounts on both sides just different fitments.

Two pieces on exhaust side one fixes to chassis one to the engine with rubber engine mount in the centre :t-up:

Ah now you put it like that you could well be right!  :laugh:

I forgot about the step on the one side  :t-up:  :t-up:

Engine i am looking at is a 2.0 Zetec S Blacktop out of a Mondeo 2000.

Sadly research seems to show the Zetec S is either a smaller cc petrol engine or in 2.0 format a diesel !! Maybe the blokes got it wrong :)