Cambs area Training Day RAF Alconbury

chazpowerslide

Umm Chaz,

Are there any noise limits I can exceed?

Other than that really looking forward to it, just need to get the engine back into the car in time to do the normal little shakedown test (driving to Stoneleigh!).

Matthew

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chazpowerslide

• Cleggy the Spyder Man

• housebeautician

• MK11

Not that I'm aware of any noise limits Matt, it's not been mentioned on the correspondence I've had from Ben and I'n sure that if there we it'd be detailed.

I'll check into it none the less.

Chaz.

OMG, just had a very nasty thought.

Do you know which entrance we would be using?  The main entrance in Great Stukeley is no longer accesible since the Council decided that they had nothing better to spend their money on after the great white elephant that is the guided bus, so put in "traffic calming".  You'd have thought that the potholes would be sufficient, but no.  Normally this is possible to get around, but this time they have put cushions and islands in so I have no safe route through.

Alconbury.jpg

If the entrance is at the other end where the old flying saucer was then I am OK as I can hop onto the A14 and off at the other end.

have been through that route with quite a few of the local boys and had no trouble (other than the usual ducking and diving)

Is yours much lower than a westy?

Oh yes indeedy, I did have something like 50mm clearance ground to sump, but I've probably shaved 4-5mm off that by welding on a steel shield to offer some protection.

I guess if it is the main entrance I'll have to carry a couple of planks, jump out and drop the planks, drive over, collect planks and repeat.  May hold up the traffic a little but there we are.

I did write to the council but they weren't interested, far too busy building their nice new building next to the underused new bus lane and on top of their old car park. (They did plan to tarmac over one of the local football fields to replace that car park but at last the locals had had enough and stopped them)

Last time I went it was the main entrance we had to use, I didn't know they put bumps in there, must have been quite recent.... :S

Thanks for putting me on the reserve list, even if i dont make the final cut will do my best to turn up as a spectator if thats allowed.

• 2 weeks later...

Right, the EasyTrack website is up and running  here

Our date should appear in the August listings under the CAR section soon, bookings can then be made on line direct.

The day is being run by Ben Elliot and is booked either direct or via EasyTrack.

Ben already has the list of names as confirmed and the two reserves, can those that book post up to let me know it's been done as the £95 price for the day requires all 12 of the confirmed guys to book.

Please let me know weather you book over the EasyTrack website of with Ben Direct (Ben can be paid via cheque, and bank transfer and paypal but not cards)

Ben can be contacted by 'phone, the number is on his website to which I posted the link earlier.

Please let Ben know the full details of who you are (name, club, date ect so he can match you to the list I gave him.

Chaz.

• 2 weeks later...
I spoke to Ben today, he says Easytrack are updating their site atm.  Probably be done in the next week-10 days.  He didn't seem too bothered by the delay so I presume he isn't chasing for the money just yet.

Matthew' is correct, Easy Track should have their website updated soon if you want to book on there or can do with Ben direct.

The event is still some way off but I'd like to get us all paid up ASAP (or as soon as we can) in case we have any drop outs from the main list.

It then gives us plenty of time to organise the reserves so we still get the day for the agreed cost for 12 cars.

Chaz

Please will someone flag as soon as they notice that the site is updated for us to book.

Regards

David