Finally here!

westy turbo

Nice. Nissan plenum? (With custom back plate).

Υes Dave,its a really nice oem designed plennum

and as you mention with a custom back plate,worked really nice as the engine gave us some nice results in addition with the water injection.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Damn. Great shot of the car though!

When I bought my first Westfield back in 1989 (and yes, I still have it) the "build manual" was 24 pages long...

Hmm, I have a copy of that,  'how to build a car - a series of rough sketches'  and back then no WSCC to help either, must have been daunting.

Hmm, I have a copy of that,  'how to build a car - a series of rough sketches'  and back then no WSCC to help either, must have been daunting.

Not really, in fact it was praised for being so comprehensive (I'm only slightly tongue in cheek there, too) in those days one or two sheets of double sided A4 were more the expected norm, and plenty of the kits at the bottom feeder end of the market came with nothing. Many didn't even have all the brackets welded on to chassis's, just the bear minimum for suspension and steering. Engine mounts and all the little fixtures and fittings on a whole raft of kits needed to be fabricated by the builder. No internet either!

It's a very different market these days, with a very different "typical" buyer. A much more sophisticated builder in many ways, yet - and no disrespect intended, in some ways a so much more technically literate builder, but so often with more minimal basic mechanical/fabrication skills.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 years later...

It's been a while and am glad to be back. Alot of things had changed in the car since then..Got a really nice MBE 94A,which was tuned remotely online from Steve from SBD here in Greece and now runs faultless as in the past I had the MBE 967E wich wasn't so "smart". Changed the all the fronts with Siltec uprights and wishbones,and now am in the procedure of fitting the Dash 2 pro since the new ecu is can bus.Also soon am waiting about an answer from Steve at Tracsport for diff and modified out put flanges with snap rings which probably will transform the car even more.

received_772195036324250.jpeg

• Like 3

Superb work, great to see you and your car back with us!

• Thanks 1