Random Question

DavidC

I've seen a lot of you say to fit aeroscreens for the SVA so that you don't need to worry about heaters, wipers etc....

Those of you that have fitted the Windscreen post-SVA, have you bothered with the wipers and heater or just plumped for good old Rain-X?

DC

David, if you fitted a windscreen after SVA, Wipers would be a must because come the first MOT test it would fail. I use Rain-X on my tintop and is brilliant 40mph+ but on British roads it can be hard to maintain that speed! I have never tryed it on my Westy though, (might go and do it in a minute!...) but with very little rake on the windscreen, it may not work as well, but will make the flys easier to clean off! A heater is a personal thing, mine has one but isnt plumbed to the screen but there has been times when it could be benificial. There again, think of the extra weight.....  :devil:  :t-up:  :D

I use rain-x to both inside and outside of windscreen and it works just fine - I've still got a heater though  ;)  :)  gets bl**** cold whilst waiting on the startline at 3 sisters and scammonden  ;)  :D  :)