SVA & Registration

Jeff-R

Well I finally did it and bought a nice shiney Westie from the Isle of Man!!  Oh well who needs an easy life!  It now has to be SVA'd and registered.  Having never done anything like this before I am appealing for help ???  I read in a recent article in the Westfield Mag a guy who took foam to his SVA - what foam? and "why"?!!  Anything anyone else could recommend I take to get my pride and joy on the road without vast sums of dosh being spent would be great!!

Haven't a clue about this registration process!!  Who decides if its age related or a Q plate?  Should get an export certificate saying that the car was registered on Man in 1999 but other than that I've been told its all new parts except the engine which is recond.?   :durr:

From what I can tell (never done this b4 either) you take foam like the stuff you can put around pipes, you get it from homebase, and put it around bits like your wishbones'n'stuff to cover up/protect the outside world from any sharp edges.

It's all to do with making sure that there are no sharp bits exposed, cos you don't want that now, do you?

Now I'll let the experts who HAVE done this b4 come along and tell you lot more than I can :)

DC

I've been told its all new parts except the engine which is recond

Have you got all the paperwork and receipts to substantiate it  ???  Cos you're gonna need em to make life so much easier when registering / SVA  ;)  :)

Jeff,

I suspect you bought Gordon's car. If so - well done. I had some correspondence with him, regarding proof of the engine age, over the past few weeks whilst he was trying to sell it.

Take a look at our web site under the SVA and Registration pages and most of what you want to know will be revealed.

:D  Good luck

Hi Guys as David said it is Gordon's car (or was anyway!;).  Its an absolute peach and I can't wait to get driving it.  Thanks for your help and I'm off to check out David's site cos I'm going to need all the help I can get!!! :)