Question for Blade owners

DavidC

IF I were to go for a blade engined car, does the dial kit from Westie include a tach that reaches 12k -14k rpm or will I need to get an SPA tach from somewhere?

I'm sure they do a rev dial with enough numbers on it. They also sell the SPA Tacho as a £400 option. I have it on mine and can confirm it to be a total waste of money! It often records inaccurate data (500+ MPH at Mallory) and always fogs up on the inside when it's hot! This is a real pain in the A*** as you cannot see the digital speedo.

Stick with the original ones or cough up for a Stack system.

For about another £35 on top of the normal gauge, they supply an Elliott gauge that does the trick

Cheers

Barry

cool, it was just one of those random questions.

Now, the other question is regarding reverse......if you don't fit a reverse box, do you just use a very long propshaft, or 2 shorter props with an angle/CV in the middle?

DC

You could use the tacho from the bike, for virtually nothing... Just ask for it when you order an engine from a breaker...

Propshafts... you have a two piece propshaft, with a centre bearing. It's fairly easy to make a centre bearing mounting that bolts on the existing reverse box mounts on the chassis.

See http://cdslash.rm-rfstar.org/orange

It's a piece of cake, and will save you a grand on the price of a complete car with a reverse box. Better off without it, let alone the financial aspects.

Cheers,

Al.