Spax shocks & springs

JamesD

Could anyone tell me if I am getting a cost saving by going to Spax direct to get this set-up or though W*******d, I am on a budget and all these things need to be bourne into consideration.

Also what EXACTLY would I be asking for if I went to Spax?

Regards

JD

Don't get spax, get AVO's. Much better, and similarly priced. Also AVO's are re-buildable if they burst, which the spax aren't so you'll never have to replace them.......

Have a look in the for sale section of this site, as well as on the FindIt web site, there are often second hand ones going for reasonable money.

cheers Blatman,

If I had to go to AVO, what is it I am asking for? are they a particular type for Westys? This is the part I am not sure on..

Regards,

JD

Do a search , using AVO as the search word, for the last month. The part numbers and shock length question has been discussed at length........

I Agree with Blatman the Avos are far better than the Spax. If you are going to buy new shocks give Cat Motorsport a ring (01274 562747) they sold me a set of Avos and springs quite a lot cheaper than even going direct to the Avo factory.

Dave

If you want to go Avo and you have a wide body car  you will need PA533's on the front and PA534's on the back. In demon tweeks they state PA533's all round however they were the wrong size on mine. (Im sure there was a string about this before)

Cost £55.28 each.

If the car is a narrow body demon tweeks advise PA533's front and PA534's back.

Confused (I was)

Stuart ???  ???  ???

Demon tweeks price of £55.29 is plus vat (£64.96) Cat Motorsport charge £62.00 inclusive. I know its only just under £3.00 per shock but that’s just under £12.00 for a set of four, and the money is better in our pockets.

Dave

What's all this AVO nonsense?????

Spax Trax ..... fully adjustable and re-buildable mmmmmmm...... lovely (nice anodised gold colour too)

:devil:

IMO you'd need to be a VERY good driver indeed to be ale to tell the difference in ride quality between Trax Spax (£150+ per corner??) and AVO's, especially on the road. I bet it isn't that easy on a track either.

I still say you need to be really handy behind the wheel to be able to tell the difference, and they're the sort of differences that can probably only be felt at the limit. In Steppenwolfs case (no offence meant, Steppenwolf), I can't see the point. He doesn't venture on to tracks, AFAIK, and I can't believe he's searching for the limit on the Queens highway, so what benefit does all that extra cash give him (or you) over my set up? You may have some benefit, but can you find it, and is it 350 quids worth?