Fuel and Brake Pipes

schoare1

I've recently seen on the site reference to a SVA failure as they had fitted their fuel and brake pipes under the body as per the manual.

This has set panic in as this is how I have fitted mine, does this mean that it will fail?

What is Westfields position on this?

I wont be a happy hector if I have to change mine now (cost of new pies and all those holes in my Westie floor) :angry:

Can anyone shed some light on this please ???

Hi Schoare 1,

I am in the same position as yourself, I ran the pipes under the floor and the recent debate got me worried!

I rang my local SVA test centre (Leicester) this morning (Friday) and the inspector told me that he has not heard anything different.  As far as he is concerned , as long as the pipe is secured ok then it is fine to run it under the floor.

Just hoping that they dont have a change of mind before mine is finished!

Hope this is of help,

Rich

Sounds ridiculous to me, look at any new mass produced car and the pipes will run under the floor!  They may be slightly tucked away on some but that's just down to floor pan design.

Wouldn't worry too much if I were you (unless you're going to Southampton SVA)

Mike H