insurence

neo

I'll have to agree with Blatman about Flux.

I'm insured with them at the moment on my Pug 306 S16 (the only pply who gave me anywhere near a realistic quote for a 21yr old, 2yrs NCB with a Grp 15 car :D ) but they've f***** up simple things like change the Reg when I transfered a plate over.

It took them MONTHS to do. I only got a proper insurance certificate with all the correct details from them a few weeks ago, I took the policy out in AUGUST!!!!

That said, the premium is.........wait for it................it ain't kit car territory so get ready...........................

.£1312  FC.

Hill House Hammond quoted me £11,000!!!! Loonies.

Anyway, I'm 22 now, and moving outta bham to a low risk area. Should be good for a few £££ off the premium.

DC

Don't you believe it!

I had an Impreza when I was 24 years old. It cost me £990 to insure when I lived in rented accomodation in a high risk area with no garage or off the road parking. The car was brand new and worth £24,000.

I moved to a low risk area and the car was parked in a garage at the end of a Cul-de-sac. I had another years no-claims and I turned 25 years old. The best premium I could get was £2700!

Total madness.

Hence the Megablade - £250 fully comp.

I think this may go up though next year following my little off-road trip and subsequent claim.

Still, I bet that's cheered you up! :t-up:

ricdiggle the trouble with the scoobies though was over the last three years they have become a victim of there own sucess due to the good write ups and reports "one of the fastest A to B cars ive driven etc" theives also read mags etc so the insurence premiums climbed at the same rate as they were selling them,as ive had three scoobies and every month somebady was twisting that there premium was getting more expensive.

Its the cossy phenominom again remember in the late 80's,or then again you probably won't if your in your mid 20's,any how westys are more fun :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:

Well, with my car no-one really knows what it is, there's only 1000 of them in the country. A real ltd edition. Ppl see the 'S16' badge and most will just think the 16 mean 1.6, they don't realise it's a GTI with a gear missing.

On the topic of Westie insurance, does it make any difference to the premium if the car is pre-built (ie 2nd hand) or build by yourself?

DC

apparantly not as they never even asked me if mine was home or westy buillt,they probably assume that SVA standards are all the same. :t-up:  :t-up:

Adrian F*** Sucks

3 months to get a certificate through.

£78 excess for exceeding limited mileage even though only 2 weeks to renewal.  I therefore cancelled the policy and went to Footman James.  (Their loss :angry: )