Sounds...

Edo

Ok, I know that this is added weight and all that but I'd quite like to chuck a very cheap cd head unit and a couple of speakers somewhere in my SEiW... Nothing fancy at all - thinking maybe marine speakers in case of rain - anyone fitted anything - and got any suggestions/pics of installations???

Edo, experience tells me that you are risking ridicule here mate.  For dirt cheap head units and great service, check out www.locostcaraudio.com  ;)

I don't know about you, but I don't think I would be able to hear a stereo unless stationary - and what is the point in that? Conversations are hard enough. Listening to Wham would be nigh on impossible

Listening to Wham..............LOL

I prefer Bucks Fizz meself................

Sony make some awful looking (very white) waterproof speakers for cars and I think that Honda HRV front door speakers are waterproof too but they are crap and I've swapped mine.

Head units can be had for about £30, £50 with a CD. I'd go for a Minidisk unit as CD could well skip a lot.

Then again, I wouldn't fit one at all! :D

I need to get my hair cut. Where are you based? snip snip :D  :)  :p

Thanks for the replies - as expected! I drive the car into London now and again, and often don't go over 40 all the way in - with the side screens on (yes I know..) conversation is quite easy.... Just off to the salon...

So you'll be "Making Your Mind Up" cos always remember "If You Can't Stand The Heat, Stay Out of The Kitchen" - CD's are only for those living in "The Land Of Make Believe" and if you ever get caught with your sidescreens on "The Camera Never Lies"  :p  :D  :)  :blush:

Maybe my exhaust is a tad loud, I tried to use a PMR radio in the westie, and even stationary I couldn't make out a word the other person was saying :0 (and I had the sidescreens on the car)  I'd need the worlds loudest stereo just to hear the lyrics.

Beg your pardon snip snip

the Speakers in the HRV aren't waterproof, the window buttons are (presumably so you can escape if you drive into the sea! Very useful)

Sony do make waterproof ones though if you are sure you want them.

snip snip

II considered a stereo when first ordering my car, but opted instead for a personal stereo at £30.  You don't have to have it that loud to hear it over the car if you are in traffic (I drive mine to work quite often, and it is a 4 mile 20 minute journey).  It was a lot cheaper than a stereo, and you probably hear it better.  Not that much use on the motorway.  Also depends what type of music you listen to.  I listen to just about anything so have experimented.  Dance beats are a lot easier to hear than heavy guitar.

errrrr.....no.  But then are they really going to stop you for it?  Even if they did it would probably only be a 'don't do it again' chat.  I'm sure I can still hear more over it than the people that have their stereos so loud their car vibrates.  I'm sure they get really good sound quality.