XTR-2

pieboy

There is a build site mentioned in these very pages. Do a search for XTR2................

Welcome to the Boardroom, BTW.

Another Blatchatter succumbs....................assuming you are "the" Pie Boy, of course.............

Blatchatter... me... never.... ;-)

So do you know who I am?

Any ways, I have looked at the build pages of XTR2.net, they look very good!

Anyone know what the residuals will be like on this sort of car?

Thanks

Simon.

Hmmmmmmm if your name is really Simon, then you aren't who I think you are.

It's a bit early to be asking about residuals too, 'cos they've only been out about..........what...............25 minutes, half an hour........... :p  :D

Hi there,

Craig and I are just in the process of building an XTR².

We are probably a few months away from completion at present - need to source an engine and find some suitably lightweight wheels.

Yep - the car is very low - probably 3-4" of ground clearance as standard - but this can be raised a bit I guess with the adjustable shocks.

As for what they will be worth in the future - who knows - there are only a handfull of cars at present.

I do know that we've gone totally OTT on ours and it will be jam packed with all sorts of goodies to make the car better and reduce its weight

So far we have:

STACK 8130

Westfield 4 pot brakes

Fluke Motorsport drilled and lightened disks all round (saves 1.1kg a corner in unsprung weight)

Roll bars from the track setup kit

Dry Sump kit

When the engine is sourced it will be treated to a 1400cc overbore with new forged pistons and liners to improve the engines torque (doesn't really need it be we cant help tampering).

We are also considering a Translogic EZESHIFT which allows full throttle clutchless gear changes - Translogic also do something called POWERSHIFT which is a hydraulic gearshift mechanism that would work a treat on a sequential box - we could do away with the gearstick and have paddles - we are not sure about this at present as there is something quite statisfying about changing gear in the conventional way.

Best thing to do is just keep a close eye on XTR&sup2.net

Can't wait to get the car though its SVA and shakedown - time to go R500 baiting :D