Selling my car.

Guyon

Has anyone got any good ideas about how I can sell my car.

I don't want to appear desperate but now I have decided I need to sell it I just want to get it done.

I put it in car and car conversions,top marques,motor accessory shop windows.Sat at several kit car shows with signs on it.The trouble is most of the adverts have ran out now do I run them again.Is the car overpriced (I can't see how its in a lot better condition than most for the same sort of money) for details see my members ad.

I know its a limited market but I can not believe its that hard to sell for a sensible price (don't even suggest T.Nightingale I tried that (£3000-£3500 unseen!!!!!!!!!!! )

thanks in advance.  Guyon   :(

Without seeing the condition of the car, I think your problem selling it/getting a good price might be:

- 1600 CVH

- 13 years old

- Swept wings

It might be too old for a lot of potential buyers, and also it might appear underpowered compared to some of the other monsters out there. Swept wings are not also to everyone's taste.

Just having a look through my old 'Which Kit?' ,magazines, I can see a 1990 SEiW with 2.1 Pinto engine, Kent cam, ported/polished, fly wheel mods, leather interior, full weather gear etc. for £4750.

Maybe you should be looking around the £5000 figure for yours ? Have you tried an add in the Kit Car magazines ? If Terry is offering £3500 unseen you should take it down to him and see what he says once he's seen it. If it's in good condition he's bound to offer a bit more.

Look on the bright side, Stonleigh is coming up soon so you have a real good chance of selling it there. Try to print out some A4 sheets with a colour picture of the car and the spec on it to hand out to interested parties. Get some history together to make it sound more intersting etc. And make sure you stay glued to your car all day so potential buyers have someone to speak to.

Good luck !

But I should have read your ad first, shouldn't I.

Worth more than 3.5k seeing as it's dry sumped and that.

I do think 6k seems steep considering you can buy mid 1990s models for the same quite easily.

Thanks for your input,I need to think on a bit maybe!!!!!!!!.

I am pretty confident the car is worth £6000 of anybodys money.I'm not saying its perfect or anything but it is a cut above your average,the build quality,engine and condition are quite exceptional.Having said that I have only just dropped the price so who knows.

Thanks again

Guyon

guyon,

stick with it, sold my 88 se with 1700 x-flow for £6000 not long ago.....

sold it through www.findit.co.uk after getting about 15 enquiries in a week. Put an ad in kit-car mag and didn't get one reply...(but it had already gone anyway!;)

give it a pollish and wait till the sun shines...

:cool:

• 4 weeks later...

I went to Stoneleigh and within literally one minute of arriving someone approached me and bought the car later that day.Also lowering my asking price on findit prompted a stream of interest.So thank you all for your help and advice.

I will miss the car and almost certainly buy/build another,just not yet.

Guyon