I Love Westfield

moomin

I just wanted to make a positive post without any b***hing.

Having been reminded how everyone tends to focus on the negative aspects of the buying/building/owning experience, I thought I would say how much I am enjoying it so far.

I'm at the buying stage, and am scheduled to collect my MegaBird kit in just under 3 weeks.  OK, so I occasionally get a little stressed about whether I've done the right thing, am I getting the right bits, etc.  But overall I'm having a blast, and it's only just begun - I've got the building experience coming up (occasionally frustrating but generally rewarding I expect), and that's before the driving/running/using bit!

I'd like to say that all the guys at Westfield have been great so far, keep up the good work.  Especially Simon who I have been dealing with - we have been having a good larf, and he has been very patient with my indecisiveness!  Thanks guys (& gals), and I promise to tell you the colour I have chosen soon... I have chosen it, honest...

Went to Stoneleigh yesterday, and although it always raises those nagging thoughts in the back of my mind (daunted at the build, have I gone for the right kit/options, blahblahblah), it just made me want it more!  Can't wait! :t-up:

Dave

(come on the 24th May, hurry up! :angry: )

Moomin,

Corse ya dun the right thing look at all the fun we had at Stoneleigh in our non-white cars ........

Oh I was gonna go for a white one... does that mean I don't have as much fun?    Shurely not.  ;)

Sadly, a white one will indeed reduce your fun. It will also lose some of that all important 'pose factor' not that I do any posing of course, oh no, not me, definitely not ....

White is generally good for snow, chunky jumpers on girls, BMW's, teeth, paper, sugar and salt. It is difficult to imagine any other use for it .....

I too love Westfield by the way - I got a very warm welcome on their stand on Sunday and even though I built my car over 2 years ago and my son has just bought a second hand  Westfield (both pieces of useless knowledge being known to Chris Smith) I was greeted very pleasantly. My own experience has been that they don't just forget who you are when the deal has been done.

I hope you have the same pleasure from building your kit as I had - there will be frustrations along the way as it is a fair undertaking but take your time, be logical, document the snippets of information that you get from the tech support line, you may need them again later, measure everything twice before drilling, filing  or hack-sawing. If there are any missing parts, don't go off on a crusade about it, a simple telephone call to the parts department will have the bits sent on their way usually very promptly. I had missing bits in my kit (ALL modules bought from the factory) but found their service in resolving this to be beyond reproach.

Have fun doing it and let us know how you get on.

I bet you go orange .... :D

A white BMW......oh perleease they look awful in white!

and you forgot Police cars/Ambulances as well, really!

Naturally Moomin is getting a Bright Blue one

:D  :cool:

Hehe, well done guys, it is between Bright Blue and Orange...

... but there's PO red in there too for good measure... and purple looked good on Monday...

Grrrr  :angry:

Don't be fooled, purple always looks good on a Monday. Yellow on the other hand looks good 7 days a week. :cool:

> 7 days a week.

there's a great pun in there somewhere...

orange or blue, orange or blue, orange or blue  ???

Moomin,

This is not fair keeping us in suspenders like this - ENOUGH make up your mind - the enclosed may help ...

colours.JPG

The colour on the bottom right has (hopefully) been discontinued and the one to the left of it must be a mistake!

;)

and purple looked good on Monday...

The purple is strong with this one, trust your feelings, let go...

Feel the Purple

If you will not choose the path of the Purple...  Maybe your siiiiister?  ...yesss...

Is that purple beast of yours the gelcoat "Purple" on offer from the factory?  Looks a bit brighter, but maybe the sun was shining when you took that picture...

You are not my father...

The one I saw at Stoneleigh on the Westfield stand was more Lillac.  Mine is much deeper.  Not sure if they still do it.  I would hope they do otherwise I'm screwed if I ever stuff any of the bodywork.

The one on the Westfield stand is Lilac (yum).  But there was a Purple one out in the car park (on Monday), guess you didn't see it.