• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Matt Seabrook

• neo

• stu999

• damianc

And if you do have a Vx engine, at least they run at the right

temperature.....(Techie Talk, engine temp)

And they make more power 'out of the box'.

And They look the canines sphericals when the bonnet is off.

And Cosworth designed the cylinder head.

And its something not made by Ford.

And it is still very responsive to tuning.

And it sounds better when you are at the pub.

And they are a doddle to work on.

Get the Vx motor. You know it makes sense.......

:cool:  :D  :t-up:  :arse:  :zzz:  ;)  :)  :0  :angry:  :D  :love:

See what I mean about Vx drivers. "And it sounds better when you are at the pub."  Most of the rest of us drive them down the road or on a track  :p Never heard one in a pub.  :devil:

Matt and they have gone very quiet must be trying to fiddle the sums to make the VX look better surprised nobody looked at it like this before with all the talk of power to weight etc. and the corner weights/engine position. Iam pleased with my car and the preformance for the money spent/work done on the engine Mr Dave Andrews is sorting out a modified head for me and a set of cams to go as far as you can go without pocketing the pistons and he recons I should be Knocking on the door of about 190/195 BHP. I will let you all know the improvments as they are only valued when tested on the same rolling road etc.

Paul. :D  :D  :D

Just shows you if you sit down and work it out these Vx boys are a lot of talk. It sounds about right the power output you are expecting I have had the pistons pocketed on the inlet side only. My cams are still quite mild and even when I was running carbs with 40mm chokes the car would still take full throttle from 2000rpm in 5th gear. I got 200bhp at the flywheel with the standard Westfield exhaust system. The chap that did the rolling road on it said that they had had one very similar to mine in power wise he was using t/bodies though. When they changed the exhaust they gained 13bhp. So a rough guess would be about 210bhp from min at the moment. I will find out in June as I am up to Emerald to have the car mapped now I am on t/bodies.  :t-up:

I'll catch you lot up later when my (215 spec) engine gets back from Dunnells (twiddles thumbs anxiously and waits.........)

Matt,

I'd be interested in what exhaust you have gone for instead of the Westie one. I have a Raceline 190 BHP engine but on the standard Westie exhaust. It's got too loud and is not (easily) repackable so I had been thinking about changing it anyway.

Was much hacking about of the bodywork, etc. required?

Rolling roads aside, did it make a noticeable difference from a driving point of view?

Cheers,

Kevin

I have a Dunnell manifold which seems better than the standard Westfield issue the primaries are a better match. This goes into a collector and exits into a 2 ½ inch pipe this goes to an adaptor that takes the exhaust up to 2 ¾ inch for the silencer. The silencer is an SBD carbon can but as I have just found out needs a #### of a lot to keep it maintained. This silencers packing needs to be in tip top condition other wise the carbon will over heat. You can see my exhaust system on my web site go to cars and click on my profile.Its also very quiet on hear without Blatman not fighting the Vx corner.  :p

p.s. the car revved better low down when I changed the system power was coming in strong at 5000 rpm before it started at 3500 rpm with the new exhaust system.  :D  ;)

Regarding engine specs etc... The Speed series results will soon have the spec of the cars competing allowing comparison of times between BEC, Vx, Zetec, CVH, etc....

IN class B 2L the current order is:

Vx,Vx,Vx,Pinto,Zetec.....

Hi Adrian if you are implying that the three Vx and the pinto are faster then I know of a 1700cc Xflow that beat a 280bhp Vx`ed c******m at a local sprint down hear. There was nothing wrong with the c******m but the man was not ½ the driver of the Xflowed Westfield. This was also a bit of a power circuit so Mr c******m should have been well away. I don’t think that the speed series will prove much unless the winner could take all the cars out for a hot lap and see which is quickest. :t-up:

Sorry Matt,

I was only poking at the hornets nest..... Is a Pinto Faster than a Zetec... Well yes it certainly is faster and quicker than a good load of Vx's at plenty of sprints.

This must mean that Pinto is way better than many Vx and Zetecs............. or....... that the driver of the Pinto ' Team Robbo Racing' can do just that 'Drive' around cars of higher bhp etc...

My car had a 1300 X-flow in it for 8 months after a 'blow up' and was still a #### fun car on the road.

The CVH is considered to be a lower powered unit than some BUT can easily be replaced with Vx, Zetec or others that will breath the same way. (ie ex on pass side). Only the Pinto has less options with it breathing in the op. direction.

With regard to the ole, VX vs Zetec debate I think it is true that the higher powered cars in the SS are Vx, however there are few standard Vx powered cars but plenty of standard Zetec cars with few modified zetecs.

I know a few of the Zetec boys are doing some mods during the season so this should prove more interesting.

At the end of the day there are loads of things to think about befoer coming up with eninge choice. Realistically the Vx will be much more bucks than almost any other motor (more than cossie ?, pehaps) and anyone who says 220 bhp vx was cheap is kidding themselves.

anyways everyone knows that Bike engine is the only choice now ?  ;)  :0

Heh-heh-heh. Talk about taking the bait. Havent got a clue what a Vx or a Zetec go like, mines a crossflow! bl**** good entertainment though..........  :angry:  :D  :D  :D  :D

No bait taken really just like to correct the misinformed. :p  and yes I know of one very quick Xflow. Even now they are a good engine for a se7en.  ;)