"Vulcan" Pinto engine

chrisbin

As you will have gathered, I've been looking at a good few cars....originally thought CVH and would be happy if I found teh right one (not too expensive, quick enough(ish) and low running costs), then found a newer ZETEC thats tempting me, but have also seen a Pinto as above..Now I had a Sierra once and that went pretty well and was reliable but it seems a bit old hat now - should I be dismissive? Its been built in last 2 years and has unleaded head conversion.

Look forward to hearing your considered views!!

Cheers :D

Sorry pinto owners out there but if I was you I should avoid pinto powered cars. The engine is a LUMP its heaver than the V8 engine and as such will unbalance the car. The engines can be made to produce reasnoble power but go for a Zetec or Vx if you can both engines will be far more tuneable if this is what you want. :t-up:

Surely, putting in a pinto is a convenient short term approach in order to avoid a q plate at the end on a build.  After all the engine and gearbox can always be changed late.  However if you are buying a second hand car then hangout for what you want.

Pinto exhaust system comes out the drivers side. This is not good if you plan to fit a Zetec Vx Cvh or anything else as the exhaust will then come out of the n/s this would leave you with a big hole on the drivers side :)