removable arches ?????

neo

Here's a one for you if you were to get a westy for the first time and buy a mint example mainly for road use and the occassional track day how highly would removable rear arches be on your list, its just a mate of mine says there a must but then he is a race driver in his not road legal anymore,and ive found a mint CVH 98 spec westy Q reg but he is putting me in a dilema buy saying its got fixed arches would this stop you getting it bearing in mind what im going to use it for...

:angry:  :durr:

Detach are a godsend for damage replacing  ;)  :)  But if its the car you like and want don't let the lack of detach arches put you off  :cool:  :love:

Daft question worst case senario you damage a arch can you

A,cut off and fit and adapt removable arches to fit ?

B,buy a rear section body but with removable arches if it happened :(

The body 'tub' on either a fixed or detachable rear arch car is a one piece moulding that goes all the way to the front suspension so there is no 'rear' section as such.

As for grafting on bolt on arches following an off road event, this could  be done but there would be a lot of blending of joins to be made as in any glass fibre repair.

Given the choice of two similar cars, one with detachable arches the other fixed, I would choose the detachable but I would not turn down a car I liked in all other respects for this reason alone.

thanks for the advice steppenwolf i went ahead and bought it today anyway as i feel if it happens i will worry then,but the car is near as dam it i denticle to yours as it happens but running a CVH, but it will gain a vauxhall 2.0 xe etc over the winter funds permitting.  get it sunday yippy :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :xmas:  :t-up:  :0  :D  :p  :love:  :cool:  ???  :)  :(  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :xmas:  :zzz:

Good plan, stick to it. God do I love that XE engine.

brian.

Neo,

Well done! I am sure you are going to have a fun summer now - my son has just bought a Westfield with fixed rear arches and a CVH engine and he is already having the time of his life with it.

As a matter of interest, we have something else in common:-

My Other Car

steppenwolf i guess you car'nt put a price on good taste can ,how do  you rate your STI then? mine had 341bhp a bit fruity you no :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up: